Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 06-16-2005, 03:01 PM   #51
crevans
Founding Member

Default A few things...

1. You don't have to burn fossil fuel to extract hydrogen. Nuclear power will work just fine. Plus, you never know, you could get superpowers!
  2. Hydrogen itself wasn't really the problem with the Hindenberg - it was the material of the zepplin and the frame that burned. Hydrogen is so light that in the event of a crash that any fireball or explosion would launch upward too quickly to catch something like a car or cycle on fire (unless maybe it was made of wood, or dry leaves or something, and what kind of crappy bike would that be? Huh?)
  3. Valentino Rossi would still be faster on a hydrogen powered scooter than most street riders on a gas powered liter race rep.
crevans is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-16-2005, 03:51 PM   #52
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Well?

A gasoline engined car makes as much power with one gallon in the tank as it does when it's full. It's takes less than 5 minutes to fill the tank back up once empty and still there is no power loss.

When you pull your electric car draggin' ass into the garage near empty and then your kid suddenly falls off his bike and breaks his arm are you gonna tell him he needs to wait 8 hours before you take him to the emergency room?

And once that battery is toast, who's landfill are you gonna put it in?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 04:01 PM   #53
cptaebphd
Founding Member

Default Re: The Hydrogen Hoax

Now that's damn funny!
cptaebphd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 04:09 PM   #54
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Re: Well? but....

Who said it had to be practical? Good point I agree with you. Every time I go to use my cordless drill oops I forgot to charge the batteries.....

And what about those loud pipe guys? What are they going to do? Put cards in the spokes again?

Nothing like cooking with gas....so to speak..
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 05:14 PM   #55
Fenton
Founding Member

Default Re: Fuel Cell Motorcycles

Reading the posts may be more interesting than the article.

I think the (overly)environmental segment of the country is really missing the opportunity of all time. They keep sharing all these benefits of alternative fuel with anyone that will listen.

Now, let's say you stop spending the majority of your time *****ing about the rape of everything and focus on the global fuel issue. Now, with 7 more hours in your work day, you can focus on developing a company that will provide the exact product you think should be used for everyones power needs.

It really does get old to hear how everyone is an idiot....this is the fuel of the future.....gas is evil....O.K. I should get a grant for something now because this screwed up country owes me a living.

Simple solution: You don't need to convince me there is a better fuel source. Develop it with out the "evil" special interest funds and run every big oil company out of business.

Nothing quite like jelly beans and few diet cokes to get ya good and fired up.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 05:43 PM   #56
dylanmo
Founding Member

Default Re: OH HAPPY HAPPY DAY!!!

jesus, you're a over the top facking weirdo, and I say that as a fan of weird.
dylanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 05:59 PM   #57
dylanmo
Founding Member

Default Re: Based on what your opinion. Alaska drilling is a drop in the bucket.

Germany thinks they will have fusion by 2030, and the UK by 2025. So...fack it! Mr. Fusions for everybody, screw burning fry fat like a sucker.

Old 06-16-2005, 06:51 PM   #58
dylanmo
Founding Member

Default Re: A real world user's story and locations you can buy it now in progressive Seattle

I'm sorry, but any IntarWebSite like with multcolored "Comic Sans" as the font gets the official WTF LMAO. That's just our policy here at dylanmo.

Maybe it's the greatest stuff ever. Make your own Global Innernet Thing that doesn't crack me up, and I'll think about it.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:52 PM   #59
jjasper
Founding Member

CMG Online has a ride review of the bike at...

http://www.cmgonline.com/bikes/artic...ENV/index.html

Personally I would love to have one. But I live in LA and see this as a perfect commuter bike. It is more of a Motorcycle, mountain bike hybrid.
jjasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 02:09 AM   #60
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

You mean you want the complainers to actually DO SOMETHING?? What the hell is wrong with you? LOL