Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 06-12-2005, 10:20 AM   #1
brax4444
Registered Member

Default Re: AMA Working To End Health Care Discrimination

Wow first post! Cagers won't be happy if they have to pay even a tiny bit more to cover our sightly higher mortality rates. After all insurance is based on statistics.
brax4444 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2005, 10:23 AM   #2
edward44
Founding Member

Leave it to the Bush administration to shaft the consumer by favoring business. Having run up a $30,000 medical bill because of injuries in a crash on my CBR600RR I can attest to the hugh importance this legislation has to riders.
edward44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 11:00 AM   #3
ender
Registered Member

Default Choices...

We choose to engage in a "slightly" riskier endeavor. We should have to pay more. I would rather the AMA put it efforts into parity in the courtroom...
ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 02:40 PM   #4
pudlepirate
Registered Member

not suprising, as a member of the military I find myself in much the same boat, in order to take part in activities such as motorcycling you must take the msf course every 3 years, and wear full safety equipment, long pants and shirt, over the ankle boots gloves and a dot legal helmet regardless of local ordinance, oh and one of those dumb reflective safety vests. (ask any construction flager how well they work shaking a cager out of their celular induced coma) I have heard some horror stories of members denied medical coverage or being reprimaded in the event of a crash when they had not taken the safety course. The problem with the whole deal is with the insurance, the company takes your money and then spend half of it figuring out ways not to cover you in the event you try to collect on your policy, then when they do pay out you get jamed with the bill in the form of higher premiums. It's legalized (and legaly required in most cases) extorsion.

putting an end to frivoulus lawsuits would help the situation

and thats todays rant

I need a beer..
pudlepirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 02:55 PM   #5
bod
Founding Member

ok lets look at all "unhealthy activities" fat folks while nice enough shouldn't be covered for a myriad of things drugies shouldn't get ssi for a "disability" smokers I mean if were going to be exclusionary lets go all the way. It's crazy to say that if I am a fat crack addict that drank I get coverage but because I am healthy use a legal form of transport that I am uncovered what stupidity we have wrought upon ourselves this is what happens when we allow the commies to run things. We must take up arms against this tyrannical government so we may instill democracy and freedom for all. Ahh whatever
bod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 03:47 PM   #6
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Uh, Bod democracy is tyranny. Our forefathers specifically set up our government as a republic to avoid the much feared "tyranny of the majority. H.L. Mencken commented on the separation of church and state this way, " Democracy is a religion. It's the worship of jackals by jackasses." VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 04:54 PM   #7
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Current favorite quote

"An election is a sort of advanced auction of stolen goods" -HL Mencken.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:07 PM   #8
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Excellent Point. Good Stuff BMW4VWW
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 09:13 PM   #9
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default This is what the AMA should be doing. Good work AMA

Your are absolutely right edward44. Notice Bush backers, that Clinton signed the bill, then as soon as the Bush Admin gets in they yank the law's teeth. Currently I have to buy more insurance on my bike policy cause of this. Good work AMA. This is what the AMA should be doing instead helping to repeal mandatory helmet laws.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:13 PM   #10
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default This is what the AMA should be doing. Good work AMA

Your are absolutely right edward44. Notice Bush backers, that Clinton signed the bill, then as soon as the Bush Admin gets in they yank the law's teeth. Currently I have to buy more insurance on my bike policy cause of this. Good work AMA. This is what the AMA should be doing instead helping to repeal mandatory helmet laws.