Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 06-10-2005, 11:25 AM   #21
mile_eater
Founding Member

Default Re: ATF, Police Crack Down On Motorcycle Group

While you're at it could you also explain why the ATF was serving a warrant to investigate "child molestation" at that little ranch in Waco, TX?

Where exactly are they given jurisdiction over such things?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2005, 11:28 AM   #22
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Lose my pink stripes?? Never!
Old 06-10-2005, 11:42 AM   #23
Tigercub
Founding Member

Was the Federal OMB considering cutting the Federal Law Enforcement budget?

"We better bust somebody quick or we won't have a job!"

OK, so if it is a proper bust, it must have been that riding Harley's made them do it.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 11:44 AM   #24
Lastwatch
Founding Member

They were there because of a long running investigation they had done on the Branch Davidians throughout the 80's who financed their cult and compound construction through selling stolen or illegal (machine guns, sawed off shotguns, silencers) firearms. Anecdotally, I remember being at a gun show in the late 80's and they were very openly moving what I'd deem "gray market" stuff to anybody who'd listen.

The child abuse charges were filed locally with the Sheriff there, who investigated the charges and found that while they were true (girls as young as 12 had "married" Koresh), he had no non-cult witnesses to corroborate the evidence of such in court and suspended the investigation.

The abuse charges were only later used by the Feds to support their flimsy/overly macho reasoning for invading the place. The guns were all on the compound which was completely surrounded, so they posed no real threat and the assets from the illegal deals were frozen in the bank. The correct course of action would have simply been to wait them out, collect the evidence, and go to court. Unfortunately that wasn't "tough" enough for the roid-crazed Rambo wannabes on site down there.
Lastwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 11:56 AM   #25
seruzawa
The Toad

They also invented drug charges so they could get that neat stuff from the National Guard. you know the tanks and APCs. That sure must have been fun for them.

Funny isn't it that the Feds bulldozed the entire "compound" immediately? That's a pretty weird way of preparing their case against the survivors.

Old 06-10-2005, 12:04 PM   #26
Lastwatch
Founding Member

The drug thing was always nebulous. Undoubtedly Koresh was a VORACIOUS meth user, and there were rumblings he had brewed batches of meth for funding also, but I personally doubt this was the case. By the time the BD's got to Texas, they didn't seem to want the contact with the outside world that trafficking drugs would require. And AFAIK, there were no open DEA or local cases linking meth to the BD's.

Another reason they had to bulldoze it was because they'd pumped in so much CS gas it had dried and crystalized, and was in danger of blowing onto other people's property, harming livestock and drinking water, etc. If you look at the way the dozers were used, they resembled a (crude) Superfund cleanup from the '70s.
Lastwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 12:21 PM   #27
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Maybe it was the Banditos' going into debt after buying loads of cheap chrome-plated tin EMGO stuff that turned them to a life of crime.

"Gee it never leaked before I put that primary cover on".

How's it going TC? An old buddy gave me a '76 TT500 Yamaha that'd been sitting outside for about 10 years. Got it running last weekend, reminded me of startin' the mighty 441.

At least it didn't kick back. And the kickstarter isn't held on with a bicycle crankpin, so it didn't fall off.

As you can see I'm getting up with this "four stroke" revolution.

Old 06-10-2005, 02:15 PM   #28
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Gee, it's a Good thing that the ATF started the fire when they did while inserting that CS gas. Can't CS gas be fatal to children?

Oh yeah, I forgot, after all that investigatin' why didn't they just arrest him during one of his regular visits to town?

Sounds like a great job to me, "Honey I'll be late tonight (sounds of glasses clinking in the background) we're investigatin' "
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 03:06 PM   #29
mile_eater
Founding Member

Interesting... I suppose you'd be shocked to know that Koresh had a Federal Firearms Licence which made it perfectly legal for him to have machine guns and sawed off shotguns below 18 inches.

Also interesting is that these supposed charges are NOT mentioned in the search warrant which was issued. As was discovered by the Concressional investigation.

Perhaps you should research things more thoroughly.

Remember... there are some solid truths in this world... one of them is... Governments always lie. Whatever the government says... its never the whole story. When looking through the eyes of history, we find conspiracy theories are not terribly accurate. They are however, infinately more accurate than the stories the governments of the day were perpetuating.

Our own recent history should add even more evidence to this.
Old 06-10-2005, 03:58 PM   #30
uberhawk
Founding Member

The Bandidos are real, they just started in Texas, and Californians like to pretend Texas doesn't exist.

Until we turn off your lights and quit sending gas that is...
uberhawk is offline   Reply With Quote