Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Paranoid News Clips (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/)
-   -   Missouri's Governer and Transportation Director Disagree Over Motorcyle Lobby (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/2825-missouris-governer-transportation-director-disagree-over-motorcyle-lobby.html)

marcgio 06-05-2005 06:52 PM

Re: Missouri's Governer and Transportation Director Disagree Over Motorcyle Lobby

With that $100 they would save on a helmet they can get more bling for their motorbikes.

sportbikebandit 06-05-2005 09:18 PM

Re: Missouri's Governer and Transportation Director Disagree Over Motorcyle Lobby

and soap

cptaebphd 06-06-2005 01:24 AM

Don't you hate it when badass lawyers and dentists refuse to bathe?

bod 06-06-2005 03:28 AM

Yeah Well my governor can kick your governors smelly unwashed in two weeks ass. P.S. This is because I'm from arkansas and my governor has to be tough the governors mansion used to be a triple wide. Also it becomes more apparent to my feeble mind that Politicians couldn't survive in the real world it is probably because they are akin to lawyers.

SRMark 06-06-2005 03:48 AM

That guy wouldn't last very long over here with us folk what live in the Appalachians. We've been known to go the whole winter without a bath.

seruzawa 06-06-2005 04:24 AM

The Guv'ner is right. Even if these are typical smelly Harley riders, like longride and Buzglyd, at least they are mostly taxpayers. The Trans Dept official is an unelected bureaucrat and below a counter clerk at Macdonalds on the scale of worth to society. He should just shutthefockup.

seruzawa 06-06-2005 04:52 AM

Bugmenot is gone already, dude. Doesn't take them lawyers long, does it?

PistolPete 06-06-2005 05:03 AM

The Freedom of Road Riders here in MO is similar to Abate in some of the other states. It is not a strictly Harley crowd, but open to any brand of bike. I've been on a few of their poker runs and they draw all sorts, even sportbike riders. One of the nice things about FORR is they tend to be working class folk. People who believe in motorcycling, not lawyers who bought a bike 'cause it's trendy. A lot of the people can't afford Harleys, or don't want Harleys, and nobody looks down on 'em.

Give it up to the governor on this one. The capital in Missouri is in the middle of the state, a couple hours drive from St Louis or Kansas City. Anybody riding out in 80+ degree heat with our typical 85% humidity is going to be a bit riper than somebody who takes the same trip in their volvo with multi-zone climate control.

I gotta love how even on this site of dedicated motorcyclist people assume that the only people who want helmet laws repealed are yuppie harley riders. You'd think we'd be beyond stereotypes like that.......

Buzglyd 06-06-2005 05:20 AM

That's it!

It's ON!

I'm going on a bath strike.

Smell ya in a month.

seruzawa 06-06-2005 05:25 AM

Re: That's it!

Keep it up. In a couple of years you too could qualify to be a 17 Century French aristocrat!