Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 05-29-2005, 05:15 AM   #61
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default The verities of our fate and foolishness are many, and...

Considering that most of us were never born with professional-caliber talent - or given a multi-million-dollar contact - anything we say about Winslow is probably inspired by jealousy and somewhat spurious. Hey, there’s no doubt about it; giving a big dumb-kid that kinda cash – only to see him p!ss it away - is annoying. In our lifetime, most of us will never see a million dollars – but, other than the amount of zeros, we’ve all squandered money and opportunities. And, perhaps our anger at Winslow has more to do with the anger we feel toward…ourselves.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-29-2005, 05:28 AM   #62
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: He's a soldier!

I assumed it was a standard Army acronism meaning simply: "Head Up Ass" which could (or at least should) go both up and down the chain of command. The Y makes it far too specific to be truly effective in a combat environment
Old 05-29-2005, 05:40 PM   #63
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Re: Aw, crap...OK I see your point.

I'll ask him next time. Let's see if he was 30 in 1970 he would be 65 now. Hel looks mid to late 50s to me. So I can see your point. He probably said in Vietnam, reupping became a problem after the 3rd tour. I just assumed he was in Vietnam. He does have a harley and he is an Army doctor. trust me And he is getting out after the 3rd tour.

You guys are Vietnam viet right? When did recruitment and reupping become a problem then?

1970? after the Tet offensive? Hey I was all for the Afghan taliban thing I just had strong reservations about Iraq since Powell, Baker and Bush Sr didn't want to invade Iraq during the 1st war.

sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 04:53 AM   #64
obandoj
Founding Member

Default Re: Continuing The Winslow Saga

He should take some riding lessons from Montez Williams!!!
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 08:05 AM   #65
SRMark
Founding Member

Default Re: Aw, crap...

I've got a buddy who served two tours in Nam and has also served in the first and second Iraq wars. I believe he is 57 now and you really don't want him pissed at you although he's about as nice a person as you'd ever meet. I believe he is still in the reserves. He can also still ride the wheels off a sport bike.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 08:06 AM   #66
Hutchinator
Founding Member

Default Re: Is there a charge for premeditated stupidity ?

She's got an ass, and uses it well on camera.

Need more?
Old 06-01-2005, 08:44 AM   #67
Hutchinator
Founding Member

Default Re: He's a soldier!

And here I've been thinking that the MC and Army replied that way because "Yes, sergeant" was too many syllables. I guess they're smarter than we give them credit for... maybe.