Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Paranoid News Clips (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/)
-   -   Mladin to MotoGP in 2006 (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/2803-mladin-motogp-2006-a.html)

waepoint 05-21-2005 02:58 AM

Re: Mladin to MotoGP in 2006

Whether that story is accurate or not, I'd love to see what the Mat man could do on the world stage. World Superbike seems like a more logical move (staying with Suzuki and the world-beater GSX-R1000), but who knows?

bobo30 05-21-2005 03:38 AM

Thank God,

Once you have achieved something it is worth trying to achieve something else.

I can't understand how much satisfaction an individual can get from winning at the same task over and over again. No question he is a very talented rider but it is time to move on from the AMA. Although when he wasn't winning he was whining and complaining. So, perhaps he isn't up to the challenge of something new. I can guarantee he won't be winning in MotoGP.

sarnali 05-21-2005 05:03 AM

I can see him in MotoGP on a Suzuki. From a pscycological point of view HRC's myth of invincibility has been broken by Rossi on a Yamaha.

Maybe Suzuki figures they have a chance now with Mladin and John Hopkins after Roberts has proven to be incapable of anything except complaining.

tomk2 05-21-2005 05:51 AM

Watching Mladin last weekend he was totally zero drama... didn't run that many practice laps, seemed to have it dialed in the first session.

He was fastest all weekend, looked calm and relaxed on the bike and nobody else came close.

It might suck for the fans looking for close racing but that was the very definition of professionalism.

jungkvist 05-21-2005 07:51 AM

Mladin to HRC, MotoGP? Makes sense to me!

I can't imagine Mladin racing MotoGP on a Suzuki. If a former World Champion, like Kenny Jr., can't consistently finish in the Top 10 - the bike probably has something to do with it.

As far as Mladin getting out of AMA Super Bike - Yeah, thank God! And, I sure the other riders would say, good riddance! I caught the last race, several minutes in to the broadcast; and Mladin was so far ahead that I assumed heÂ’d crashed-out - until I looked at the position streamer. Seriously, if it weren't for Mladin not wanting to take unnecessary chances, he'd probably lap-the-field into the top 10, every race.

Holy_Kaw 05-21-2005 08:31 AM

Mat seems to have upped his game this year, that new Gixxer hasn't hurt. He seems to have our field covered this year, it would be interesting to see how he would do on the World stage, if he can get a competitive ride.

jungkvist 05-21-2005 08:58 AM

Headline: Moto-journalist Flock to Churhes and Pray!

I predict a water shortage, wherever the first race between Rossi and Mladin takes place...Moto-journalists will be so excited, theyÂ’ll be running to the bathroom - to keep from sh!tting themselves! And, shame on the poor scribe who doesnÂ’t have his, "Burt SugarÂ’s Hyper-hyperbolic Thesaurus," on hand. Truth is: there's some body parts IÂ’m particularly fond of that I might be willing to hand-over for a crack at this one Why? Because I'm lazy, and THIS ONEÂ’S GONNA WRITE ITSELF!

Thank God, Howard Cosell was cremated – otherwise, he’d probably show-up for it, too.

acecycleins 05-21-2005 09:02 AM

With the current animosity between factory Suzuki and American Honda I do not see a way for Mladin to jump ship without BIG money exchanging hands. Futhermore, Honda would have to ditch the guy that they feel would be the next GP superstar (sorry, Nicky). Rational people would (and could) see Suzuki ditching KR keeping Hopkins and adding Mladin to and ever improving GVR project.

Chango 05-21-2005 09:25 AM

Re: Headline: Moto-journalist Flock to Churhes and Pray!

Well, the closest we'll get this year will be when AMA superbike and MotoGP are both at Laguna Seca on July 10. It won't quite be a direct comparison between the two of them, but they'll both be racing and trying to put down some good laps to show off for the other series. And to all you people who have tickets, you suck.

Chango

edward44 05-21-2005 10:11 AM

American Honda would have everyting to gain by seeing Mat off to MotoGP. Then their riders might have some chance of winning. Adam's reasoning doesn't make much sense to me. It would be a win-win for Honda.