Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 05-21-2005, 02:01 PM   #21
stormcloud
Founding Member

Default Re: Mladin to MotoGP in 2006

So, what should Rossi do then?

I do get your point, but dont think it's that simple. I'm sure Mat isnt running around humming to himself and wondering what's for dinner.

I think it's impressive that he can keep up the motivation to keep working as hard as you'd have to to even just run at the front of the AMA.

As with most sports, I think the most skilled and the hardest working competitors can make their efforts seem to us to be easy.
stormcloud is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-21-2005, 03:27 PM   #22
dylanmo
Founding Member

Default Re: OOPS! Forgot to sign it...

Just figured I keep you guys from racking your brains, trying to remember who I was referring to.

Tell us again, Jungky, about how you earned your arrogance?
dylanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 03:58 PM   #23
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Not arrogance, practical experience

A while back, the question came-up during a discussion with some friends. Two of them were MENSA members and they were beating their heads against the wall. Figuring it might drive some of the guys buggy (like it did me) I decided to post it: na, na NA, na, na!
Old 05-21-2005, 04:29 PM   #24
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default By the way, I've been called worse

After our first meeting, my best friend described me as "a conceited, arrogant, snapish, elitist prick." Then she got to know me better. Now she just refers to me as, a--hole!
Old 05-21-2005, 04:41 PM   #25
Neal
Founding Member

I hope its true!!! this would be a chance once and for all to determine exactly where Mladin places in the pantheon of great roadracers. With the best young American racers (Hayden,Hopkins,edwards,Roberts) going overseas,Mladins dominance of AMA Superbike is tainted...if he goes GP on a top quality ride and does well,he can silence all the naysayers. I think he would do well,but it would be nice to find out once and for all.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 04:53 PM   #26
Chango
Founding Member

Yeah, but even if Mladin were to go to MotoGP, he would lose one of the major points in his favor in AMA -- his knowledge of the tracks vs the competition. He's been riding AMA for several years and he knows the tracks better than a lot of other riders. If he goes to MotoGP he'll be going against Rossi and company, who have been riding those tracks for several years. If he were to actually start off winning, it would make him even better than Rossi. Technically. But since Rossi is only hanging around for another year, and it would take Mladin at least a couple of years to learn the tracks, we still wouldn't see this great competition that everyone is hoping for. Yes, I think it would be cool, but I seriously doubt it's going to happen.

"Remember, it's always easier to do things the hard way. -- Chango
Old 05-22-2005, 02:58 AM   #27
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Stop that, would ya?

Man, I really hate it when someone comes along and messes-up my fantasies with common sense and accurate information. I forgot all'bout Rossi's plans to move on - to Formula 1? Damn their eyes! I just keep hoping something will come along to make motorcycle roadracing the-next-big-thing, so I won't have to hear about NASCAR all the time..."Tell me again, Bubba - 'bout how Billy Bob's gonna whoop-up-on Cooter, at Wherever!" Snooze...

Oh well, back to my parallel universe.
Old 05-22-2005, 04:31 AM   #28
yo-me-mo
Founding Member

I think He will do the smart thing and go to were the money is. It would be nice to see where he stacks up in the world arena though. We all know who the greatest is at this time and finding anyone who can compete with him would be great for the fans. Rossi.
yo-me-mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 04:35 AM   #29
yo-me-mo
Founding Member

you got it. I hope you are right. They would be foolish not to. Lets just hope Mat agrees.
yo-me-mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 08:46 AM   #30
yoavy11
Founding Member

I think Rossi should move to Suzuki next season, and then Mladin can try and take his place with Yamaha.
yoavy11 is offline   Reply With Quote