Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 05-13-2005, 12:24 PM   #31
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Re: New Bill in Califonia's Senate

Hey, he lost me when he said he was waxin' a pedantic. Must be an East European bike.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-13-2005, 01:09 PM   #32
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default This seems like a good time for an angry rant.

From what I've seen, ABATE is always busy defending a motorcyclist's right to get himself killed and AMA execs spend so much time patting themselves on the back, they probably have to ride backward - if any of them ride, at all. IÂ’d feel much better if legislatures would come up with some motorcycle-specific laws, to keep us from getting clobbered.

The way I see it, WE’RE THE GOOD GUYS! Motorcycles are much more responsible means of transportation than cars, SUVs, and the millions of 4WD pickups that will never see a dirt road under their wheels, or a 2X4 in their bed. We take up less space, consume fewer petrochemicals, and don’t pollute the environment nearly as much as other means of personal transportation. And what do we get in return for our troubles, run over! In the mean time, a little old lady can get her saggy-t!ts caught in her steering wheels – killing as many of us, as she has a demented-mind to – and nobody notices. Hell, if we want protection, maybe we should all join the AARP - then we could indiscriminately rape, pillage and murder, and never get prosecuted.
Old 05-13-2005, 03:04 PM   #33
12er
Founding Member

They gotta waste our tax money somehow. What we need is UNLAW Makers. Go over the books and erase the thousands of stupid, obsolite or conflicting laws. Along with the thousands of Save you from yourself laws. Then again for some reason the sheeple want the gov to make just about everything illegal.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 03:15 PM   #34
12er
Founding Member

From my experiance 80% of ca drivers are unlicensed and uninsured. Well 4 out of the 5 people that have hit my car or a friends that I was riding in were off the books. Which brings me to a major point, Always add Uninsured motorist coverage to your policy!!!
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 03:58 PM   #35
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Did I say that?

Did I say that? I thought I said replacing ineffective laws with more effective laws. I assume you were in a hurry eh?
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 04:08 PM   #36
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

I agree how about $1000 fine and a few nights in jail. Having spent some time (one night) in the county jail when I was younger, falsely accused by the way, would definitely put the fear of god in people. My introduction to the legal system was short thanks to a prosecutor who saw though a convicted felon's story and believed others who came forward to clear me. My lesson was to stay clear of such folks and situations. I believe folks who do the same i.e. not take chances like failing to yield the right away...
Old 05-13-2005, 04:11 PM   #37
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

I agree. Most of these same folks have zero assets to grab in a civil case too.
Old 05-13-2005, 04:13 PM   #38
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

"Another side effect of too many people. " Oh I think other less populated states have the same problems. Didn't the Janklow thing happen in South Dakota?
Old 05-13-2005, 04:15 PM   #39
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default correction

I believe folks would do the same i.e. not take chances like failing to yield the right away... if they knew the consequences would be severe.
Old 05-13-2005, 04:17 PM   #40
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

" And I think a one weekend class, paying a fine and more expensive insurance is not enough to earn it back" Great Point. The punishment should fit the crime.