Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 05-03-2005, 07:55 AM   #41
pattonme
Founding Member

Default Re: Football player crashes, helmet in orbit

the winger would have died on a 125. Sportbike pilots also fly off the mountain because they lack the exact same skills - the ability to look thru a turn and press on the correct grip. That you think the "bloated pig" of a bike is the problem shows just how little you understand. It is ALWAYS the rider's fault.

I'm 100% for graduated licensing. It would keep most of the riff raff out of motorcycles to begin with and force the juveniles to ride on 250's for 2 years. Those that want to kill themselves in the name of "fooling around" will still do so.
pattonme is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-03-2005, 08:06 AM   #42
ddlewis
Registered Member

You're right Abe. The MO'rons are too hard on him, I bet every single one of us has a worse stupidity-skeleton in our closet.

Choosing to start on a gsxr750 was really the only ridiculously stupid thing he did. The rest sounds reasonably prudent. except the helmet strap, and that could've been oversight.
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 08:06 AM   #43
danrogy
Founding Member

I've got NO SYMPATHY for a guy who stands to lose millions in a breach-of-contract case because he was too damn stupid to consider a motorcycle kinda dangerous. He's young, he's dumb, he's rich. As a newbie rider I got a 125 cc streetbike. Why? Because big bikes are heavy fast and powerful. What? He couldn't afford a Honda Rebel? He couldn't afford chinstraps? He couldn't afford to wait a few years? This is what we usually describe as a "stupid-arse"

-Dan
danrogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 08:14 AM   #44
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

All too true. When I started riding it would have been my wildest dream to have a bike as powerful and fast as your Ninja 250 though. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 08:15 AM   #45
SRMark
Founding Member

Too git a gud job, git a gud egikashin. How 'bout those college-trained athletes! Good to see all that book learnin' went to good use when he was released in to the real world. Fugginidiot.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 08:25 AM   #46
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Freedom to express one's opinion is just as important as the freedom to do what others may consider stupid, Abe. You'll have to admit that you'd pretty hard pressed to find one thing about Mr. Winslow's action's in this news story that you could call wise. Yeah we've all done stupid things in our lives, but having lived through them it's our duty to advise and warn others of the possible consequences. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 08:49 AM   #47
Iman01
Founding Member

And we all know how much the news media likes motorcycles. We are lucky it didn't talk about the babies he had to kill just to hang out with those biker friends.
Iman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 08:51 AM   #48
jonnyspeed
Founding Member

I live in Cleveland. Word is he was just getting used to the bike, not stuntin. Looks like he locked up the rear and hit the curb straight on. He didn't have a permit so he may be charged with a few things. As a fellow rider I'm glad he was in a parking lot practicing. He didn't have a permit, but many of us did that too even though it's not smart. He didn't strap his helmet which isn't good, but he could have forgot... I've done that before. I'm willing to give him a break as a fellow rider, but as a life long Diehard Browns fan I give him no slack what so ever! He is just too young, too confident, too invincible, and too stupid! The fact that his contract forbids riding a motorcycle and he went and bought one anyway just shows me the level of maturity that we are dealing with here. I hope it hurts Kellen. I hope you get cited. I hope the Browns take part of your signing bonus back. And I hope you learn your lesson!
jonnyspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 08:56 AM   #49
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Yeah, but not to flog them about it.

It's interesting that people I know, (that would be you, Buzz and George) who I am fairly sure share the same low opinion I have of the accuracy of the general media, seem pretty willing to accept the media's line on this. What happened to all of the wailing and gnashing of teeth on this very forum about how the media never gets it right when it's about bikes?

The facts are that none of us know Mr. Winslow or, as of know, really what he was up to that day. Whatever hazard riders are in his NFL contract are between he and the owners of the team that he plays for. The guy fell off a bike and I am sorry that he did. I have fallen off bikes too and I have always been sorry when I did.

And George, the last time I did three really stupid things in a row I made enough money to pay for my graduate education. Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you. Considering the signing bonus and endorsements he's probably got I doubt that he's going to the poorhouse anytime soon.

-sbp
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 08:57 AM   #50
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I never told Kellen Winslow what to do. I think he's pretty effin stupid. I WILL tell someone who has never ridden a motorcycle and is 19 years old, has a promising baseball career, and is related to me what to do. I'm old enough to know better. He isn't. That's my job. His job is to make sure he doesn't possibly ***** away a million dollar career on screwing around with bikes. Especially wanting and buying a 400 pound 160 horsepower one. He can do that when he is a washed up veteran. I don't take what you say personally. I just feel that it isn't smart to lose in 2 minutes what most people will never have in 10 lifetimes. It makes no sense. My son doesn't ride. He has no interest. If he suddenly became interested, I would kick him in his ass. He's in medical school, and doesn't need to mess that up by screwing around with bikes. When someone asks what bike they should buy, my response 90% of the time is "NONE". I truly believe that most people have no business riding a motorcycle. They aren't equipped mentally or physically. Just my opinion.