Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 05-03-2005, 05:31 AM   #21
Flickmeister
Registered Member

Default Re: Let the battle begin

The last time I commented on this topic some one said I was known to be "windy." A truer word has never been spoken. You will be relieved to know I'm only good for one tirade a year. This Darwin thing is beginning to make a whole lot more sense to me.....
Flickmeister is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-03-2005, 05:36 AM   #22
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Football player crashes, helmet in orbit

The four people with him were obviously teaching him to be an idiot. Would you allow one of your friends that was new to motorcycling to hop on a 2005 GXSR 750 with an unstrapped helmet on his head? Stunting on a bike like that with an unstrapped helmet, and no experience is tantamount to picking up the sleaziest hooker in Tiajuana, and tearing a hole in the end of your condom prior to "going for a ride." Longride is right about this. What is wrong with learning how to handle a motorcycle by starting with a smaller, less powerful bike, and polishing your skills prior to hopping on a poorly guided missile for a curb assisted stoppie? VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 05:40 AM   #23
Fenton
Founding Member

Hey, I learned on an '83 interceptor in a church parking lot. Walk into a dealership and sit on the fastest bike there and ask, "Is this a good choice for my first bike?" You will be shocked by the sales person's answer.

And yes, I do that. But I'm kind of a jerk.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 05:48 AM   #24
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Have to side with longride on this one. Having a helmet on is a good idea but not being properly trained and respecting the machine overwelms that. I thought most of these guys sign contracts that prohibit them from doing these things. When Elway played for the Broncos he couldn't ski etc.
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 05:52 AM   #25
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Here's a better link

Different Story, Same Results

For those who say he should get a break, I think he got a few; one on his leg, one on his shoulder, and maybe a few on the ribcage!
Old 05-03-2005, 05:54 AM   #26
nokneedragin
Founding Member

This gets even better, on ESPN's web site they report that his contract has a clause that does not allow him to ride a motorcycle.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2051653

He lost part of his signing bonus when he was injured last season, now this. If he keeps this up he'll never play again, and owe the browns $$$$$.

What a mental giant, but we don't care, he plays gooder fooootball dan de oderguys
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 05:57 AM   #27
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Why isn't his Hall of Fame father cracking him over the head?

If someone told me, "Here's ten million dollars but you can't ride motorcycles," the trio of bikes would be on the lawn right now with for sale signs on them!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 06:29 AM   #28
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

I agree. Why is it, according to the MO cognesceti, that everyone who is young and crashes a bike is stupid enough that they not only deserve the pain of injury, but deserve to be eliminated from the gene pool? I would dare say that 99% of us here did many things far more stupid than this when were were young and/or inexperienced (I did, anyway) and the difference was more than likely that luck was just on our side. I don't know this man from Adam, don't know anything about his as a person or an athlete. The article is very non-specific about what was going on. Absent of any specifically damming information (he was doing this in an elementary school parking lot during lunch hour) he gets a mulligan from me and wishes for a speedy recovery.Oh yeah, and next time button down that strap dude.

-sbp
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 06:34 AM   #29
tomk2
Founding Member

Some people are sure quick to condemn. Doesn't anybody remember the concept of goofing around and having fun? That almost coulda been me a dozen times, I just missed the curb... or if I didn't I wasn't famous enough to make the papers.

Anyhow Mr. Winslow is a lot better off than the poor GPTB member I passed the remains of on Sunday... some older guy on a Gold Wing who witnesses said simply went wide in a tight corner on Hwy 1 by Tmber Cove & caught an F-250 on the nose. *

Why would anybody ride one of those bloated pigs? If he'd been on a smaller more manueverable bike he woulda been fine! When will the gubmint finally step in with tiered licensing to protect old guys from heavyweight chrome covered bikes?

*All in all not a bad way to go... one of my coworkers just went from "I've been kinda tired lately" to "untreatable liver cancer" in the space of two weeks. A quick head-on seems pretty sweet compared to a couple months spent wasting away in a hospital room with tubes up your nose.
tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 06:42 AM   #30
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I've done plenty of stupid things in my life as well but never with ten million bucks riding on it.

His father, Kellen Winslow, was a Hall of Fame tight end with the San Diego Chargers. The boy could use some fatherly advice right about now.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote