Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Paranoid News Clips (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/)
-   -   Scooters w/o plates = Terrorist Vehicle (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/2729-scooters-w-o-plates-terrorist-vehicle.html)

tomk2 04-10-2005 06:29 AM

Re: But aspirin-related deaths...

And why is that? Because "everyone knows the lefties are the big spenders and the righties are fiscally responsible"?

Maybe you ought to contemplate which bunch in Washington has been racking up record budget deficit after record budget deficit the last few years... and then re-evaluate your political dogma.

Otherwise eventually you'll go completely crazy trying to maintain the cognitive dissonance needed to bridge the gap between reality and your political beliefs. It happens a lot, that's the point where right wing lugnuts start ranting about the black UN helicopters and how many hundreds of people the Clintons had murdered.

tomk2 04-10-2005 06:46 AM

Re: Scooters w/o plates = Terrorist Vehicle

"Ha, ha! You're right! We're so silly! Hundreds blown up in Oklahoma City, basement bomb in WTC, thousands killed on 9/11, DC area random sniper attacks, attempted shoe-bombing of a plane in flight - ha, ha, ha! Silly Americans! It's all in your paranoid imaginations!"

hey Schizuki... I'm not denying the existence of terrorists, I'm just poking fun at the way people have let irrational fears turn them into a hysterical bed-wetters.

P.S. You can rest easy... any 'terrra-ist" that sez they wanna destroy American culture is NOT specifically thinking of NASCAR and Wal-Mart.

wakked1 04-10-2005 10:25 AM

Fear of terrorism = distance from major population center (i.e. target) / IQ

Nplateau 04-10-2005 03:35 PM

Re: The same

No shyte sherlock, because there is no reasonable legal alternative. That doesn't mean I can't poke fun at them anyway. Besides, how familiar are you with L.A. Sherrifs? Have you any knowledge of the corruption or ineffieciency that runs within that department? I do, and I have proof from former officers as well. Power corrupts, dumbass. That's what is happening with the pigs. Idiots with guns and a badge to hide behind is a recipe for public mistrust. Sure there are actually good cops, but even those bend to the pressure of "the fraternal order." Get a clue.

HelterSkelter 04-11-2005 03:30 AM

Liverpool is the arsehole of England. People from Liverpool are called "Scousers" they call people from Manchester (Me) "wooly backs"

The best thing to come out of Liverpool is the M62.

seruzawa 04-11-2005 05:51 AM

Re: But aspirin-related deaths...

The real cognitive dissonance is that you think I'm a republican. I've never said any of those things you seem to think I have. It is possible to think that both parties have become a detriment to the Republic, y'know.

Left wingers or right wingers = same result, totalitarianism, only through slightly different methods.

To be honest, Bushbaby is such a big social spender that I can't figure out why you guys don't love him. Is it just because he doesn't advocate sucking the brains from the heads of babies?

He never saw a social program he didn't love. Heck, he's even advocating forced mental health screening of every man woman and child in America... the sort of thing that lefties just love. He's really in the wrong party. His domestic and foreign policy initiatves are amazingly similar to LBJ's. Now there was a disastrous presidency if there ever was one.

There's one thing I am quite sure of though. If a Democrat had done in Iraq exactly what Bushbaby has done you guys would be all over yourselves explaining why it is the right thing to do.

Bush has to go a long way to equal the millions of corpses that we have racked up under the Democrats- Johnson, Truman, Roosevelt and Wilson. Heck, the current Middle East situation really is a direct result of the moron Jimmy Carter's incredible incompetence.

Better for you Democrats to stay away from the subject. Your own record is quite dismal.

mscuddy 04-11-2005 07:06 AM

Re: Scooters w/o plates = CV62

If youÂ’ll remember, every time the Indy pulled back into homeport after a Med, the ammo and bomb stores would have to be empty.

The Gunners Mates would set up a "Fam Fire" session on sponson 8, to get rid of all the small-arms ammo (instead of dropping it over the side). The Indy would drop a bunch of trash, and steam in a circle so weÂ’d have something to shoot at. A couple M60Â’s, M-16s a few M14s, .45s and such.

Anyway, some skinny boot camp was in line in front of me to shoot the M14. Instead of shouldering the weapon (the GM wasnÂ’t paying attention), he tucks it under his arm Tommy Gun style and lets it off on full auto.

The rifle, being an M14 on full auto, climbed up out of his arms and a couple rounds went zinging through the overhead. We all dove for cover, and the 4 gunners mates thinking quick, tackled the hapless bonehead and kicked him off the sponson.

Ahh, the sea stories could just go on and onÂ…

seruzawa 04-11-2005 08:00 AM

Full auto M14... shudder

I had to learn to fire the M-14 on full auto in weapons training before I reported to the PBRs in Nam. It's an excellent weapon but....Yikes! Never again. What a freakin' handful. Semi-auto only please. Whoever thought that it was going to replace the venerable BAR had a few loose screws.

pplassm 04-11-2005 08:28 AM

I ran into a couple of sailors last year in a ward in the Landstuhl, Germany hospital. They threw an anti tank mine in a drum full of burning trash. I asked them what set it off. They answered "Well, we were kind of poking at it with sticks."

Luckily, their injuries were not permanent.

pplassm 04-11-2005 08:34 AM

Bobbies and motorcycles don't mix:

British Police Motorcycle Training