Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 03-31-2005, 02:08 AM   #51
Whatmough
Founding Member

Default Re: Crazy traffic stop

Years ago my dog got into a porcupine while out with me in the woods. I throw her into the car with my wife (the back of a wagon) and race off to the vets. She is covered in quills everywhere on her head except in her eyeballs (she must have closed bit and shook). About two or three miles from the vets a cop lights me up. I just wave him off (no single finger salute) and he keeps following with lights on, no siren. I get to the vets take my dog in and get that started, come back out and speak with the cop. Now he's seen the dog and just says I was trying to stop you for an expired sticker. No ticket, no additude cause he understands the situation. I apoligise for not stoping; but explain I couldn't (wasn't about to). You can't teach common sense to a moron. It's an aquired skill and this cop had it.
Whatmough is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-31-2005, 03:05 AM   #52
TEvo
Registered Member

Uh... thanx.

I am not a doctor or lawyer but I feel mo' special now.

`00 SV65
TEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 03:52 AM   #53
cptaebphd
Founding Member

Only response I have is "thank you" for presenting the cop POV in a very reasonable way and showing the proper course of action for complaints.
cptaebphd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 04:25 AM   #54
giuliom
Registered Member

I have been stopped twice for speeding in the past couple of years, once by LAPD and once by a sheriff's deputy. Both were motorcycle cops. Both times they let me go without a ticket. I have to say I did not give them attitude and I have a motorcycle license. One even admitted to me that even though I was speeding it did not look like it was in any way dangerous and I seemed to know what I was doing....

giuliom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 04:57 AM   #55
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Police might believe they are doing the right thing by subjugating people's rights to their mission (as I said in earlier post, single-handedly keeping society from descending into anarchy) but that does not make it so.

What would you say to those that philosophically disagree with the idea of "policing", believe that the idea of an LEO is illegitimate, and that officers should remain the "peace" officers of yore? That police should, at the very least, all be disarmed, and the full 2nd amendment rights of the people should be immediately restored?

The power police are allowed to weild blinds them to it's own influence.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 06:40 AM   #56
schizuki
Founding Member

All I can judge by is my own experiences - I've been pulled over a few times, and they were all legit. The cops were polite and professional. I didn't give them attitude. I never got a ticket.

I don't doubt there are some a-holes out there, and nothing's worse than an a-hole with a gun and a badge. But all the cops I've dealt with were cool guys (and gals).

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 07:01 AM   #57
naco_traficante
Registered Member

You're thinking of Link from Mod Squad.

naco_traficante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 07:11 AM   #58
tumbler
Founding Member

Thanks for reminding me why I don't post actual questions here. Actual answers come only after two days and dozens of smart ass responses.
tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 07:39 AM   #59
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

I agree that any group has it's good and bad. I have been "cut slack" by Cops before and received tickets from Cops that seemed like "good" ones. What does bother me is getting speeding tickets. I'm on the road a lot lately and it is rare indeed that I see a Cop that isn't speeding on the Highway.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 08:07 AM   #60
ValkBandit
Registered Member

same thing happened to me once, but with a twist. i was riding with a small gang of hooligans about 20 years ago, in a small bayou town in southern louisiana. we were tearing up the backroads riding way too fast, pretending to be roberts/mamola/sheene. you get the idea.

anyway, we encounter the fuz, and the fuz hangs a u-turn and gives chase. four riders pin the throttle and make a run for it. i pull over 'cause i figure a speeding ticket is better than being thrown in the pokey for running. he let me off with a warning, saying, "i can't believe you didn't run."

i've encountered my share of a$$hole cops over the years but they are like anyone else. some are good people; others are not.
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote