Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Paranoid News Clips (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/)
-   -   New Proposed Michigan Law (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/2707-new-proposed-michigan-law.html)

Haird 03-22-2005 06:37 AM

Re: New Proposed Michigan Law

Let freedom ring.

Tigercub 03-22-2005 06:47 AM

We pretty much have that system now. Insurance rates for bikes are much lower than for cars, because they don't do much damage. Medical is rarely offered, but when it is it hardly covers much. There's been some talk about burden to society due to extreme sports, but the biggest health burdens are still due to smoking, drinking and being fat - the latest health crises.

Fat adults is one thing, but fat kids is immoral. When I was a kid a fat kid weighed about what a normal kid weighs now.

ikonoklass 03-22-2005 07:16 AM

Why not charge an insurance premium differential for those people who want to ride without helmets? Let's say you're paying the rate associated with always wearing a helmet, and you get in an accident in which it's determined you weren't wearing a helmet... then your provider could refuse coverage. I wonder how many anti-helmet people remain anti-helmet after an accident...

johnnyb 03-22-2005 07:35 AM

I'm thinking helmets should be banned by federal decree. Then everybody would want one desperately and we could wipe out the deficit from the revenue raised by ticketing everybody caught wearing one. Y am I not the King?

sportbike_pilot 03-22-2005 07:47 AM

Cause you are too bizzy to drink green beer with potential voters???

-sbp

johnnyb 03-22-2005 07:52 AM

well, my people carefully screen who's allowed into the town hall meetings so's i don't have to spend so much time slappin' *****es down and stuff. I am a man of the people but only at a distance. did u guys get stupid and crash scooters on purpose or what?

sportbike_pilot 03-22-2005 07:57 AM

Nah - went up to Willow and watched it rain from the pub at the Essex House in Lancaster. Green grass in the middle of the Mojave! The poppies were cool though.

I have a new photo essay I am getting ready to send to Sean about what you can do with MO bikes you check out for a few days after the executive editor threatens you if you take, say, a FZ1 anywhere near any establishment that sells alcohol. But since he failed to mention houses of ill repute......

-sbp

skadamo 03-22-2005 08:16 AM

let the white dove sing.

johnnyb 03-22-2005 08:31 AM

oh, you incorrigible lads! Best policy is not to take the bikes out at all, just in case.

thebat 03-22-2005 08:49 AM

Re: New Michigan Law

If it has passed the senate, then the only thing left is for the Governor to sign it into law. The House is the first first vote in the chain and reflects the various state representatives. Only after they pass it, will it go to the state Senate.