Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 02-24-2005, 06:28 AM   #1
yo-me-mo
Founding Member

Default Re: Jesse Sez!

pay up sucker !
yo-me-mo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-24-2005, 06:31 AM   #2
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

"And who are you? Just another scurvy brother"

Sign in Stranger
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 06:34 AM   #3
5valvethumper
Founding Member

140 mph??? Maybe dropped out the back of a C 130. More HP than a car?? My wife's old '89 civic, yes. Jeez, straight from the Dan Rather school of Journalism. Check back with Jesse in five years.
5valvethumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 06:36 AM   #4
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Jesse who?
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 06:59 AM   #5
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

"Do you have a dark spot on your past?"
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 07:23 AM   #6
pdad13
Founding Member

Could someone please enlighten Jesse to the fact others have indeed built flying cars.

You'd think the "reporter" might point that out.

And you've got to chuckle at the "one of the best built motorcycles in the world" nonsense. I mean, could a news organization actually learn a little bit about motorcycles before they go believing that crap?

Oh, well, it is CBS. Forgot that for a moment.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 07:25 AM   #7
ChicagoCruiser
Founding Member

Default If Harleys are for dorks.....

I guess that means that the guy I saw riding his chopper down the 405 near Long Beach in the rain wearing flip flops and and a ball cap backwards must be REALLY COOL.
Old 02-24-2005, 07:33 AM   #8
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Thats sad, just very very sad. The self deluded hyperbole, the me macho you not, the WallMart thing gave me the creeps, the total lack of fact checking (best built motorcycles travelling to sturgis with chase vans full of spare parts comes to mind). Yea its CBS the bastions of verifiable facts (well look at the competition) but that was just weird!

What really re-warped my sense of how bizare actors are is the fact that he is dating Sandra Bullock.

Cats sleeping with dogs, rains of pestilence around the corner.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 07:42 AM   #9
Anti-ChickenStrip
Founding Member

Hey, at least it wasn't about the goof balls on

American Chopper. In the realm of chopperdom, Jesse is light years ahead of their hack-work.

The entire scene gives me a big ho-hum yawn, but the masses lap it up like so many centerfold clams. So be it.

Anyone remember Patrick Bodden's 2-part indictment of the Teutuls? Seems for a while a lot of print rags were hammering them pretty good. I think Fred Rau had a column titled "Orange County Crap". Classic moments all that reaffirmed my take on the whole thing.

JB did a CW spread on Mr. James...I remember it being flattering and I do believe JJ has a penchant for sportbikes too.

The renegade outlaw image sells, but perhaps the guy is a genuine enthusiast too...albeit a tad....gasp...squidly.

Anti-ChickenStrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 08:03 AM   #10
bboule
Founding Member

It is not at all hard for me to believe his bikes could hit 140mph.

I just watched some show where a woman got a 125cc bike up to 135 or so out on the dry lakes. He's got 10x the engine, so it is not hard to believe. Some Ducati monsters can hit those speeds and they don't have good aerodynamics either, hell haven't bikes been doing 140mph for a long, long time?

Unfortunately CBS seems to only allow you to watch the first minute and a half but the reporters questions were so direct his attitude seemed pretty natural even defensive. Whatever is the case, she obviously doesn't "get" motorcycles, and Jesse knew that and was taking advantage of her. He is obviously a motorcyclist when he says his bikes are meant to be ridden and it's silly to put them in a museum even when he knows he is catering to people who show off more than ride.

I am not exactly going to go buy one but if you ask me what is cooler, one of his choppers, or a Harley, I would have to say his is indeed "cooler". If you said I could have either one for free I'd take his too. In that sense he is a success.
bboule is offline   Reply With Quote