Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 02-03-2005, 05:48 AM   #1
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Maine's oldest newspaper calls for the return of mandatory helmet laws

Not this tired old subject again. (YAWN) Of course the government has no business regulating evey minute facet of our lives. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2005, 05:49 AM   #2
ebass
Founding Member

Default Re: Maine's oldest newspaper calls for the return of mandatory helmet laws

One more opportunity to repeat my mantra:

"Helmets are like condoms. I know I should always wear one but it's none of the government's damn business if I do or if I don't"

Screw "Operation Iraqi Freedom", how about some good old fashioned American freedom.
ebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 05:53 AM   #3
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

I've seen your pictures ebass. Do the police even know when you not wearing a helmet? VWW
Old 02-03-2005, 06:12 AM   #4
sarnali
Founding Member

Being bald and comparing helmets to condoms is a really bad idea.....
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 06:13 AM   #5
sarnali
Founding Member

At least they're offering a fair, unbiased and well- balanced report on the subject.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 06:44 AM   #8
Fenton
Founding Member

Default Re: This just in from Fox News

Yeah, I've heard it before, how can 60,000,000 people be so dumb.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 07:02 AM   #9
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Anonymous, I'll make a deal with you. I'll support your riding a motorcycle if you'll drop any and all life and health insurance and be prepared to simply die if you are injured as a result of your desire to ride such dangerous vehicles. Oh, and by the way you'lll also have to avoid swiming pools, skiing, rock climbing, scuba diving, and bath tubs if you fail to wear the gear approved for such activities, that will be proposed, by the safty-crats of the great nanny state. Wake up and smell the coffee. It's not time that we manage our own sport properly. It's time that we manage our government properly. VWW
Old 02-03-2005, 07:12 AM   #10
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I pick up the costs of every smoker that gets cancer, every AIDS patient that didn't wear a condom, every fat ass that has numerous health problems, every deadbeat that doesn't want to work, every drunk and druggie that needs rehab, every kid that's born that had a parent with no money. So everything is going to be fine if we all wear helmets?? Fix the other 100 million problems that will save me 1000 times more money, and I'll wear my helmet every day and twice on Sunday.