Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Paranoid News Clips (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/)
-   -   Maine's oldest newspaper calls for the return of mandatory helmet laws (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/2659-maines-oldest-newspaper-calls-for-return-mandatory-helmet-laws.html)

BMW4VWW 02-03-2005 05:48 AM

Re: Maine's oldest newspaper calls for the return of mandatory helmet laws

Not this tired old subject again. (YAWN) Of course the government has no business regulating evey minute facet of our lives. VWW

ebass 02-03-2005 05:49 AM

One more opportunity to repeat my mantra:

"Helmets are like condoms. I know I should always wear one but it's none of the government's damn business if I do or if I don't"

Screw "Operation Iraqi Freedom", how about some good old fashioned American freedom.

BMW4VWW 02-03-2005 05:53 AM

I've seen your pictures ebass. Do the police even know when you not wearing a helmet? VWW

sarnali 02-03-2005 06:12 AM

Being bald and comparing helmets to condoms is a really bad idea.....

sarnali 02-03-2005 06:13 AM

At least they're offering a fair, unbiased and well- balanced report on the subject.

Fenton 02-03-2005 06:44 AM

Re: This just in from Fox News

Yeah, I've heard it before, how can 60,000,000 people be so dumb.

BMW4VWW 02-03-2005 07:02 AM

Anonymous, I'll make a deal with you. I'll support your riding a motorcycle if you'll drop any and all life and health insurance and be prepared to simply die if you are injured as a result of your desire to ride such dangerous vehicles. Oh, and by the way you'lll also have to avoid swiming pools, skiing, rock climbing, scuba diving, and bath tubs if you fail to wear the gear approved for such activities, that will be proposed, by the safty-crats of the great nanny state. Wake up and smell the coffee. It's not time that we manage our own sport properly. It's time that we manage our government properly. VWW

longride 02-03-2005 07:12 AM

I pick up the costs of every smoker that gets cancer, every AIDS patient that didn't wear a condom, every fat ass that has numerous health problems, every deadbeat that doesn't want to work, every drunk and druggie that needs rehab, every kid that's born that had a parent with no money. So everything is going to be fine if we all wear helmets?? Fix the other 100 million problems that will save me 1000 times more money, and I'll wear my helmet every day and twice on Sunday.