Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 02-03-2005, 07:48 PM   #72
dylanmo
Founding Member

Default Re: Everyone needs to see this

Typo, by an idiot
dylanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 02:18 AM   #73
Neal
Founding Member

I wawsnt referring to your MISTAKE,typo or not........I was referring to your OVERALL analysis;its flawed. Interesting that instead of offering a defense of your analysis you revert to calling someone who challenges it an idiot. Also interesting is that when someone else makes one mistake in an otherwise cogent post you jump on that mistake to discredit the whole post but when you perceive that someone has done the same to you,you take offense and resort to name calling. Actually the intent of the post is not to discredit you,although you are doing a good job of doing that yourself. My overall problem with helmet law statistics is that they never really do a good job of analyzing what percentage of fatality increase is due to not using helmets. They just say fatality rate is up by X percent and imply its all attributable to non helmet use.Im sure riding helmetless increases the motorcycle fatality rate some,but I'd like to see a definitive study for once instead of sloppy statistics and supposition. Im not saying that such a study doesnt exist,but this article and your sloppy analysis sure doesnt fit the bill. Note:Its possible to disagree and present conflicting opinions without resorting to name calling and insults
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 02:25 AM   #74
Neal
Founding Member

Default Re: Statistics for dummies and liars (Fox news fans)

OOOPs! better correct this before KPAUL jumps on my mistake to discredit my whole post.....I meant .09 percentage points
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 04:36 AM   #75
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: Maine's oldest newspaper calls for the return of mandatory helmet laws

"Screw "Operation Iraqi Freedom", how about some good old fashioned American freedom." Well said on several levels IMO.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 04:53 AM   #76
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: Maine's oldest newspaper calls for the return of mandatory helmet laws

The insurance industry is a racket. A good idea corrupted by greed and enforced by law. Millions of dollars are spent yearly lobbying for laws favorable to the insurance industry. The Billion dollar industry gets a GREAT return on it's investment and we get a better world!
Old 02-04-2005, 05:12 AM   #77
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Dang! Jus' when I wus fixin' to sell everthin' (but the bike) an move up there's to be more closers to the Bushes's an all... They come up with this here pinko commie crap!
Old 02-04-2005, 05:32 AM   #78
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Why does my man Ebass get no luv here? Why is everyone picking on him?

-sbp
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 11:40 AM   #79
baddog
Founding Member

Default Re: More stinking crap substituted for logic

It still doesn't add up. Sure, there are cases of high dollar expenses, but instead of shooting for elimination of true causes -- like, oh maybe, incompetant drivers -- we'll apply draconian measures to a small group that has a smaller level of clout.
baddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 02:52 AM   #80
seruzawa
The Toad

You will see how wrong you are. Go to the gym. That solves everything.