Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 02-03-2005, 10:33 AM   #33
ebass
Founding Member

Default Re: Maine's oldest newspaper calls for the return of mandatory helmet laws

Sing it with me:

"Free your oil.... or your ass will follow"
ebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 10:47 AM   #36
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: Maine's oldest newspaper calls for the return of mandatory helmet laws

who's Hiltler? and who r u referring to? W?
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 10:52 AM   #37
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Everyone needs to see this

Here's an example of how stupid some people are. I picked this post at random:

"The number of motorcycle-related deaths here nearly doubled over the past few years, to 22 in 2004. Meanwhile, the number of motorcycle registrations in the state has leaped more than 31 percent, to 36,349 in 2003 from 27,650 in 1999."

That was a "quote" from the article from the poster.

Question: "Nearly" doubled in "the past few years". Ok. How many years, and how nearly double? Isn't this the year 2005, and shouldn't 2004 registrations be included, along with rate of tourists on motorcycles and total miles ridden?? Nah. Forget that crap.

Notice how the quote about deaths is missing any real numbers?? No real time period and no telling how close to "doubling" it is, but watch this moron run with the ball!

"In smarller(sic) words and slower, Deaths went up 200% motorcycle registrations went up only 31 %. (assuming the same time periods)"

Assuming the same time periods?? Would that be including assuming that it "nearly" doubled and leaving out 2004 registrations and increases in tourists and mileage?? LOL You also need to spell "smaller" correctly. Then you wouldn't need to read so slow. Anyway he continues.............

Deaths/registrations went up dramatically q.e.d.

"Where did you go to school longride????? Do

we need some numbers to make my point clear?

e.g. 50 deaths / 27,650 = .18% vs 100 deaths / 36,349 = .275% an increase of a womping 53% in the death rate per registeratiions(sic)"

So there are his "numbers" even though the guy that is "making his point clear" is "assuming" a time period and "assuming" that the rate was near doubling, left out 2004 registrations and other variables AND used made up numbers because he doesn't have the real ones. See how a very small amount of real information can be transformed into fact by a moron? He wants to know what school I went to?? LOL I guess I went to the one that doesn't prove things with assumptions, incomplete information and incorrect numbers. Think of what this guy could accomplish with this misinformation! He also titled his post "Statistics for Dummies and Liars". Ain't that the truth!!! Classic! I'm about to change my 400 votes for him to leave.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:03 AM   #38
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Damn...

For the record; Ebass has been with some hot girls. (But I think they were probably blind) -Sean
Old 02-03-2005, 11:04 AM   #39
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: One thing at a time.

Hi Pot! I'd like you to meet my friend kettle, he's black too. -Sean
Old 02-03-2005, 11:17 AM   #40
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: Everyone needs to see this

I'm with u LR. All that math can't convince me the earth is round either, and that the universe doesn't revolve around it.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote