Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 01-17-2001, 09:33 AM   #1
FloridaSteve
Founding Member

Default Re: "Black Thursday" in the Capitol

Hey guys.... I reallly hope you're going to give this some substantial coverage.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-17-2001, 11:16 AM   #2
VFRider
Registered Member

Why can't I get too excited about a rally in Washington state....in January.
VFRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2001, 04:49 AM   #3
GboroGoose
Founding Member

Boy, isn't this internet thing great, we not only get to have the ideas about "Well that was stupid, why didn't they do this or that", but we get to express them to a forum of people that have yet to read it.

Danielle - Consider yourself adequately chastised on this first offense. Don't take it too personally this time, but next time expect thirty lashes over the left eyebrow with a wet spaghetti noodle

;^)
GboroGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2001, 06:24 AM   #4
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default 2 out of three....

You have a couple legitimate gripes there, but "insurance discrimination"? I don't like paying high insurance rates more than anyone else (plus, my insurance rates aren't that high considering) but what's your gripe here? If you don't like one company's rates, GO FIND ANOTHER COMPANY! Nobody's forcing you to go with Progressive (or anyone else.) Maybe you would like the government to force a price cap on motorcycle premiums so they would drop motorcycle coverage altogether? When I was shopping for insurance, a couple of companies dismissed me out-of-hand before they ever got a chance to look at my record. They simply refused to insure my bike (R1.)

Motorcycles (crotch rockets) are a high risk proposition. Why should an insurance company take it where the sun don't shine because lots of riders crash, wrecking the bike and themselves?

Your other two complaints are legitimate, as it is the government enforcing these issues. We don't have a choice with the government. With government there is no "competing alternative." There is no second authority we may appeal to to gain access to federal lands (that our tax dollars support.) There is no easy way to stop ridiculous EPA rules.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2001, 06:49 AM   #5
motorpsycho
Founding Member

This is the first time I have heard of this event. Having this event in rainy/wet/slick road conditions in Washington is all the fuel the bureaucrats need if anyone eats it on their way to this event. Or it was planned to go on during a cold and wet weather month so hardly anyone would show up. It was probably planned by one of those political rats anyway. Conspiracy by the state to show how unsafe motorcycling is? Ugh.
motorpsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2001, 10:31 AM   #6
AcesN8s
Founding Member

Default Re: "Black Thursday" and bad agenda

This whole argument is old. ItÂ’s full of speculation and childish rants. ThereÂ’s a large difference between pushing a bill through that will make helmets mandatory (since riders seem to be split on this) and banning bikes altogether (something that every rider, that cares, will stand up and fight against.) Helmets save lives, just like seat belts do. If less people died from motorcycle accidents, there would be less ammo to use against us.
AcesN8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2001, 02:11 AM   #7
luvmyvfr
Founding Member

Nah, probably will be 45-50 degrees, and overcast. This is Washington's typical winter weather, on the west side of the mountains. Rideable year round, if you have the proper gear.
luvmyvfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2001, 04:01 AM   #8
pplassm
Founding Member

Default Health, not liability insurance

Not talking about insurance for your ride, I do OK there. I am referring to efforts to make it legal for your health insurance company to deny coverage for riding, as well as other legal activities, while it is illegal for them to deny coverage for drunk driving, or othwer illegal actions.

Pete P.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:01 AM   #9
RatPack
Registered Member

good sales pitch for heated gloves...
RatPack is offline   Reply With Quote