Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 01-24-2005, 11:20 AM   #1
Chango
Founding Member

Default Re: Washington State proposed bill against profiling

Well, what do you expect? If you're out there trying to have too much fun someone has to put a stop to it. We can't have all these freaking motorcyclists endangering the little, old ladies in the gigantic, new SUV's. The police are simply trying to ensure that you bunch of hooligans and perverts keep your animal-molesting hands to yourselves...

Chango

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2005, 11:41 AM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

So, what's new about this? People in performance vehicles always get scrutinized more closely. No stupid law is gonna change that. The cop just has to claim he wasn't profiling. There are already enough dumb@ss unenforceable laws on the books.

Generally the people on bikes who get speeding tickets get them because they are *gasp* actually speeding. Or hasn't anyone else noticed the morons lanesplitting in traffic that is already travelling at 70mph?
Old 01-24-2005, 12:14 PM   #3
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Hey - I resent that! I may resemble that, but I still resent it.

I blame Sean, Fonzie, my parents and all the rest of you for not providing me with the Autobahn that I need with your tax dollars. I'm calling a lawyer.

-sbp
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 02:03 PM   #4
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

I can gather anecdotal evidence of alien abductions -it doesn't mean it is real or happening on a widespread basis.

I have to wonder if the police would continue to profile certain groups if it wasn't effective.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:04 PM   #5
sarnali
Founding Member

Not too sure of a need for this. Probably a by product of lawyers riding Harleys dressed up like Banditos getting jacked by rookie cops.

Back in the day I used to get pulled over all the time riding my chop. but the only people riding choppers then were 1% so the cops figured they had an excuse. Nowadays I get pulled over for 80 in a 60 and the cop gives me a warning and apologies's for bothering me......go figure.

This actually cracks me up, because these knobs go out and BUY a "CUSTOM", dress up like pirates and play billy-badass on the weekends, then get in a snit because the cops pay attention to them.

I guess getting f****d with by the pigs isn't supposed to be part of the game. LOL
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 02:22 AM   #6
cptaebphd
Founding Member

The yuppie answer to everything --- make a law!! They buy their I'm-a-bad-a$$ gear and a get-out-of-my-way-MOfo exhaust, and they wonder why they get stopped? Or is it that they have never been stopped in their Volvos and are shocked that the police would dare even entertain the thought that they could even remotely be considered an outlaw? Sorry, looks matter idiots. Real life isn't a costume party. Seen the guys busted for running meth labs? That's the look the RUBs are trying to get!!

These bozos should just be thrilled that they have fooled the police into thinking they're outlaws. They bought all the right gear at the HD Superstore!

Instead of a new law, a better solution would be huge pink "I'm a poser" stickers that the RUBs could put on their helmets and strategically placed on their bikes so the cops won't waste their time stopping them.

If they don't like getting stopped, just do what I do -- ride a Wee-strom with full bag setup and wear textile gear. I never get stopped

-- Alan
cptaebphd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 02:53 AM   #7
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Since there were never any REAL badasses in Washington, I'm sure the cops get confused easy over there. I think they should train in some of the wonderful areas of Chicago. I bet most of them wouldn't be cops after a month. At least the ones that made it back could spot a poser at 50 paces. I could tell you a few stories about some clubs and cop run-in's that I was witness to.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:02 AM   #9
PistolPete
Registered Member

Making more laws is stupid. Cops profile because it works. Whether the law is there or not, it's going to continue happening. Departments never have as many cops as they'd like, so they have to play the odds.

If that means that harleys running drag pipes, riced out civics, and cavaliers with the greatful dead dancing bears on the back window getted pulled over more, so be it. Those people are advertising a lifestyle, but are upset when they get attention from cops.

35 and sunny in St Louis, perfect day to commute on the bike! (I envy you warm state people)
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 06:09 AM   #10
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Thank you for stating the obvious.