Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 01-18-2001, 02:34 AM   #61
suzukis-suck
Founding Member

Default Re: GSX-R1000 Stupidity: Caught on Tape

this is nothing! you guys should go to Daytona in March and watch the guys do this NAKED on Speedway Blvd, or go for a blast in the pitch black dark of night with the cops out looking for a chase.

this bike WILL blow up at some point! all that buy one should let their dealer lube your anus when you purchase the bike, so you will be ready when it needs repair!

suzukis-suck
suzukis-suck is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-18-2001, 03:23 AM   #62
rvfrules
Founding Member

Default Right on, Bro! There's no free lunch.MO deserves support

rvfrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2001, 05:09 AM   #63
LoganGixY2K
Founding Member

Default He, he...

He, he, he, he, he, he, he, he, he, he, he, he, he, he, he, he, he, he, he, he, he, he, he, he, he, he, he, he, he, he, he, he, he, he, he, he, he, he, he, he, he.... oh... man... You are funny.

Seriously, I couldn't stop laughing.

And I agree with you.

And by the way, did you noticed that they stoped posting their "R1 dyno" on this site as well. Wonder

why.
LoganGixY2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2001, 05:29 AM   #64
R1150GS
Founding Member

Default Re: wheelies

Your dumb ass may be able to discern that I do own a R1150GS as my primary bike. Had you ever ridden one you would know that it is a great wheelie bike, if you doubt me check out the MO review of the GS and you can see someone doing a wheelie in the review. Since you remain an anonymous squid my guess is you don't own a bike. Should you happen to and live in the South East, maybe we should run Deals Gap or the Cherohala Skyway and see who has balls. Then it would become apparent you are the one with the non decended testicles.
R1150GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2001, 05:34 AM   #65
sprintrdr
Founding Member

How does this post rate a zero. He makes a sound, rational point.
sprintrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2001, 08:35 AM   #66
stevegrab
Founding Member

From what I've heard it is one of the most unorganized track days done anywhere. The instructors have very little control over the sessions (sounds like they are even part of the problem). I wouldn't do a track day there, the track itself isn't very good either.

I live in the Cleveland area and know several people that have taken classes and/or worked there. So although I have no first hand experience, I'm not just talking out of my ass.
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2001, 08:43 AM   #67
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: That

I just noticed today, that you can no longer post anonymously. What's up with that? I guess I can not login (or logout) in order to post as an anonymous squid. I don't normally do this, but sometimes you have something to say, and don't really want to use your name/handle.
Old 01-18-2001, 08:51 AM   #68
stevegrab
Founding Member

Are you guys at MO reading this? This guy is exactly right. If I pull a wheelie down my street who sees it? Maybe a few people? Put the story on the web,with the video, and it could be thousands or even millions. But really all it takes is one gung ho person (not likely to be the one who sees you on the street) to latch onto it.

This is almost as bad as some of those "stunt" videos like the Star Boyz and others. Reckless riding on the street, that's a great thing to put on video for people to use as ammunition against the "new thugs" of motorcycling.
Old 01-18-2001, 08:56 AM   #69
stevegrab
Founding Member

I have to agree. I've only been following MO for about 3 years (since I started riding), but see the same shift to squidliness. Maybe they think they need to do sensational things for people to follow their site? I don't agree, if I wanted to see this stuff I'd buy a video.

Hey Plummer, what's up? Trying to compete with the Star Boyz or LV Extreme?
Old 01-18-2001, 09:26 AM   #70
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Top Secret:

Shhhhh...

(whispering) people with crotch rockets ride recklessly and outside the law......

I just don't think it's a big secret what we're doing on these bikes. When Joe Blow (non-motorcyclist) catches a good look at a helmeted, armored, gloved rider on an R1, do you think he honestly believes that the rider bought the bike to putz around at legal speeds? Cops are extremely aware of what it is that we do (when they're not around, most of the time.) Ask any one of them. I even know of cops that refuse to attempt to pull over a speeding sportbike, due to the risk that the rider will run and either #1: get away or #2: crash. Except for a few old grizzled dodgers, I think most people are aware that people don't buy bikes like these to go for leisurely Sunday rides.

I just don't belive MO is contributing to educate anyone about anything they don't know (or at least suspect) already.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote