Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 01-17-2001, 09:36 AM   #41
motorcyclerider
Founding Member

Default Re: GSX-R1000 Stupidity: Caught on Tape

Have to agree with Rod, if the wife and I are out "sport touring" and "super squid" pulls a mondo wheelie and drops the bike taking "US" out on the road, young squidly better hope he killed me cause I'm gona make him wish he was dead.

Hey, I got no problem with this "stunt" stuff in "controled situtations" but this crap doesn't belong "in town" or out on the backroads, that most of us "long time riders enjoy"! JMNSHO!!

"Stupidity caught on tape", that pretty much sums up my feelings, "Grow Up" and ride responsible, it won't kill ya and it's still, FUN!!

BJ Ondo

1980 GS 1100E Suzuki

Colorado-USA

http://britrider.tripod.com/index.htm
motorcyclerider is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-17-2001, 09:50 AM   #42
motorcyclerider
Founding Member

I guess you all are "too Young" to remember when a certain Senator (Orin Hatch, I beleive), started legislation to "Ban Sportbikes" (Mid-1980's).

Today's bikes are much more powerfull and dangerous in the "hands of young squidly's" than the mid-80's machines! Don't think for a minute that some stuff-suit isn't waiting for a "good reason" to "try again" and with "supposed" educated people (ie: MO editor's/staff) doing "stunt's" like this in public, it wouldn't surprize me to "see it start all over again"!!!

It you "must" do this "mindless crap", why not use some level of smart's and do it in a area where the "PUBLIC" isn't watching. I've been riding for over 25 years, I'd like to try for another 25, wake up and use the sense God gave you and live to ride another day! Down off the soapbox.

BJ Ondo

1980 GS 1100E

Colorado-USA

http://britrider.tripod.com/index.htm
motorcyclerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2001, 09:52 AM   #43
RobGixxer750
Founding Member

Default Let me explain, again

If you don't want junk mail or junk email, simply make a yahoo mail account called something like. Siteregistermule@yahoo.com

You can use this to register all of your accounts that you don't want them knowing to much, and use the same password for all of them. Sure, don't use the same password you use for more sensitive things, but for posting on MO, etc, it wouldn't hurt anything.

Websites rely on advertising to survive, you are smart, you know this, so what's the big deal? Magazines, grocery stores, all supplement and rely on advertising, why fight it? I can tell from what you have said, you are not stupid, but come on, you have to realize that advertising is a necessity for many industries.

RobGixxer750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2001, 09:55 AM   #44
veloce4c
Founding Member

Default Re: I have to register!?!?!?!?

I registered about 2 months ago and have yet to recieve any spam (thank god). Or anything else for that matter, No pestlience, no virus and sadly my riding didnt improve. Well I got the good with the bad so cant whinge to much I suppose. On the other hand I did get to know that at least I and a few other ppl realize that this internet stuff is business and although it seems altrustic but somewhat naive to expect that you can have the kind of content they do here ofor a hobby site. They still havent asked me to pay and if they do Ill consider it. I wonder if your the same kinda guy that gets resentful at the local bike shop for being in business as they make money on your hobby. Yes I know some dealers are bad and gouge on prices but in the real world they have bills to pay just like the rest of us and last I heard PG&E was not taking good intentions as payments on their bills(although they would like us to think they have). So its still free and no spam so its not a bad deal. If you need to register to help them out with their advertisers just quit whining and do it or go take your mooch butt somewhere else and dont complain when your stuck with some 15 yearolds hobby site for your moto info cause its free!

sheesh
veloce4c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2001, 10:00 AM   #45
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

I've read everything up to this point and I must say... Well said, C_M.

I belong to a Ride-to-Eat club that includes evrything from GoldWings to Harleys to an RC51 autographed by Nikky and Miguel.

To a man (and woman) we all said "wheelies and stoppies are kewl" but we had to crack down on the practice after it got dangerous to us all. The ride that brought it to a head had riders doing 100+ standup wheelies on the interstate THROUGH M/C TRAFFIC as well as pullin' it up in corners with other riders wheel-to-wheel on the back roads. I must say it looked great but once reality set in, one of our riders went off the road after over cooking a corner, we realized we needed to gain a bit of restraint. Those who didn't want to change went on to a different group and we finished the year without anymore injuries.

When in Oklahoma City join us, the Route 66 Riders, at Maxey's Cycles any wednesday night you want to ride for a great ride to an equally great dinner destination. Check out our news letter archive at http://www.maxeys.com/newsletter%20archives.htm

Cages are for HAMSTERS!
TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2001, 10:01 AM   #46
c_los75
Founding Member

Your gay!
c_los75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2001, 10:16 AM   #47
CYCLE_MONKEY
Founding Member

I know what you mean. A friend of mine on his '87 1100 slammed into a parked car at the park pulling a wheelie, then later ran into another 2 more people doing similar stunts. And we won't even talk about my friend we nicknamed "the curb-seeking-missile" (you know who you are, Mikey), who managed to hit everything but the toilet bowl.

Unfortunately I'm in Ohio for a few more years, but thanks for the invite, If I'm ever in the area, I'll be sure to stop by. Take care, and keep the shiny side up.
CYCLE_MONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2001, 10:18 AM   #48
CYCLE_MONKEY
Founding Member

He's right, and that would be "you're gay".
Old 01-17-2001, 10:20 AM   #49
CYCLE_MONKEY
Founding Member

Default Re:Easier said then done.

There's a difference between being an "Angel" and being an "*******". Never have, and never will pull a stunt like that. Fun to watch though.....
Old 01-17-2001, 10:23 AM   #50
TBones
Founding Member

Oh, hey! There's a contributing comment!

...your gay what? Hamster?

-Tom
TBones is offline   Reply With Quote