Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 01-19-2001, 01:01 PM   #91
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Odds are....

You're going to be killed much sooner by grandma broadsiding you in an intersection. The motorycle+motorcycle accident rate is like 3 percent. The motorcycle+car rate is higher by a factor of 15 or more.

If you're going to talk tough, you'd better hope that the squid that wheelies into you doesn't have a concealed carry permit.
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-19-2001, 01:15 PM   #92
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default You are right.

People WILL think we are assholes. My response: That's unfortunate. If I cared, I would be hurt.

They will get sympathy from me. I don't like seeing people get hurt (well, not *bad* anyway) even if it is their own fault.

There is virtually NO WAY that I am going to hurt someone else doing these types of hooliganish things. I have never heard of ANYONE hurting anyone but themselves (and their passenger) on a motorcycle.

I'm not trying to rip into you or anything CM, but why the hostility? Have you never lifted a tire?
Old 01-21-2001, 08:45 PM   #93
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Selfish?

Did you read my comment? I think I did say that I wasn't fond of seeing people get hurt.

When I said that "I don't care" if people think we are assholes that statement refers to every one in a cage who doesn't (and can't) know that we are in complete control. That doesn't mean that I'll do a stoppie in the middle of a pack of 6 bikes. I too, have seen people ride in groups, and seen people kicked out of the group for riding like that.
Old 01-24-2001, 02:00 AM   #94
sccracing
Founding Member

Default Re: For crying out loud-----

WE ARE THE PUBLIC, YOU !!!
sccracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 02:09 AM   #95
YZF1000R
Founding Member

Default Are you a fag or something?

are you a fag or something? First you let us know that you enjoy watching naked guys do wheelies and then you are talking about lubing anuses.....you must be queer
YZF1000R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 02:19 AM   #96
sccracing
Founding Member

Default Re: YOU

its good that you love sport bikes, but doesnt sound like you've been on one. and dont tell me you consider that gs a sport bike...and a professional is only a pro cause he races, and there are a lot of very skilled riders that dont get the attention cause they dont want it or cant get it, but either way, your anology that sport bikes and tricks are only for "professionals" is the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard. anything under control is usually safe and its sometimes the good intention itself that can be the problem. its great you got a lot of riding in your lifetime so far, but i dont know if you got anything out of all that riding...well, my point is that the wheelie was under control, the road was clear enough, and since we all learned to be a defensive driver and assuming all of us can hear a gixxer 1000 coming a mile away, the odds of someone competent enough coming in front of the bike is as good as any other accident on the road. by the way, you seem to like the perfect world, but people like you scare me the most, cause you people WILL take my freedom away, and dont tell me you've never broken any laws of any kind. and stop making it sound like i have never been on a road trip on my bike, plenty enough for me and more to come and lets not take any of this personally, it's only a difference of opinion and i am allowed that...right?
sccracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 08:26 AM   #97
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: For crying out loud-----

How is riding wheelies down a public road "within his limits"? Or did you mean to say he tried to ride within his limits and the bike had too much power (accidental wheelie, not likely if filmed).

Lots of us ride, but don't show off like this on the street, in traffic, with lots of people around. That just adds to the already tarnished image that the non-motorcycling public has of us.

Maybe you don't care, but I do. What do we do when the public manages to pass laws to keep us off of some public roads because of this kind of behavior. No more Blue Ridge Parkway, Deal's Gap, CA Hwy 1, Angeles Crest, and so-on. Sure, you can say it won't happen. That's what all the off-road people thought 15-20 years ago (or more), when people started threatening to take away the places they ride.

You just sound like one of those people that think any attempt to control anything is bad. Contrary to popular belief, it is not your right to ride like this (it is against the law, you can be ticketed or worse). Second, it is not really your "right" to ride a motorcycle (any motorcycle) or drive a car. That is a privilege, which can be taken away.
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 08:33 AM   #98
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: GSX-R1000 Stupidity: Caught on Tape

Ditto to what motorcyclerider said, great comments.

Some people just don't learn. And MO evidently thinks they need to do sensational things to get/keep an audience. Must be losing people going over to www.starboyz.com.
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 03:33 AM   #99
VOR
Founding Member

Default Re: You are right.

I guess you didn't hear about Daytona Bike week last year. 13 deaths in 10 days. Two of them were from a rider on a sport bike who wheelies down the street hitting a crossing pedestrian (killed), loosing control of the bike and killing himself. Now you've heard.
VOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2001, 04:21 AM   #100
suzukis-suck
Founding Member

Default Re: Are you a fag or something?

Typical infantile response from a no nut pencil **** red neck dumb enough to buy a Suzuki! Do you park your bike behind the trailer or keep it inside?
suzukis-suck is offline   Reply With Quote