Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 10-21-2004, 06:06 AM   #61
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Oh, by the way.

The unabomber was a leftwing envirowacko. He had a copy of "Earth in the Balance" on his bookshelf.

Only someone as stupid as you would use him as an analogy.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-21-2004, 06:13 AM   #62
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: Why Kerry isn't going to win. The Great Motorcycle bozo speaks

And did you see how Kerry would respect the 1st amendment if elected, with his recent attack on the Swift Boat Vet's & POWs for truth in the airing of "Stolen Honor" on TV?

Be afraid, be very afraid. Personally, I'm stocking up on 7.92 x 57. (For the mighty FN49 with the BAR clip mod).

Old 10-21-2004, 06:22 AM   #63
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default Re: Why Kerry is going to win. The Great Motorcycle Prophet speaks

Amen SRMark!

Even out here in the sticks the best way to get your butt in a wringer is to simply exercise your right , wait - we're talking University here after all, your responsibility to speak your mind. I and every one else around here who doesn't toe the party line are in nearly constant hot water. I, personally, am neither liberal or conservative and, in fact, despise all politicians, their keepers, and most of the mainstream media with roughly equal intensity. This is definitely at odds with the warm and fuzzy thoughts we are all supposed to have about authority.

Most U's as they are currently configured are really not about diversity at all. True diversity includes diversity of thought, not just sex and ethnicity. You are supposed to encounter people at an institution of higher learning who have ideas that differ from yours and public discourse is the way that you are supposed to sort 'em out. If things are really working right they are at least as smart as you are too. Precious little of that these days, unless you count idiots yelling at each other on TV and websites.

What/where did you teach, if you don't mind me asking?

cheers

martin
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 06:31 AM   #64
pdad13
Founding Member

What really scares me is the army of lawyers that have been mobilized to file lawsuits in order to have the election contested should it be close in key states. In fact, they're already filing suits now.

And the worst part is that we will now have an international body monitoring our Presidential election. These bodies are normally employed to monitor elections in third-world emerging democracies. Have some of us completely lost our frakin' minds?

If people can't grasp the implications of having an "international" organization influencing our elections, I fear we're completely sunk.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 06:45 AM   #65
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Default Didn't anyone notice?

Hey, didn't anyone notice that the cruizer was only 1.5 mph slower through the slalom?! I know they built up the FXR's motor, but how'd they get it to handle so well?
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 08:00 AM   #66
seruzawa
The Toad

Courtesy of Jimmy "Kim Jong-Il is not so bad" Carter. Now if Kim jong-Il is "not so bad" then who on Earth pray tell is bad?

We are the nation that ushered in the truly revolutionary idea of a democratic republic for the first time in thousands of years and made it work. The american Revolution was a real change that resulted in the death of monarchy. To think of the phony democracies that comprise most of the world monitoring our elections is too ironic.

But it shows just how far they will go to win. Seeing that Kerry is falling badly in the polls they're attempting to simply steal the election.

Well, it worked for the first JFK. Why not this one?
Old 10-21-2004, 08:01 AM   #67
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Bikes beat Cars in Editor's charity challenge

U shood try hookt on fonics.
Old 10-21-2004, 08:09 AM   #68
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

And Nixon, being the man he was, didn't contest the stolen election, for fear of up-ending our democratic process. Stock up on ammo!
Old 10-21-2004, 09:58 AM   #69
SRMark
Founding Member

I certainly don't mind you asking but, since the organization where I now work has entered in to cooperative agreements with that university, I hope you can appreciate my CYA attitude. So, that good school will remain a mystery. I taught Strategic Planning in an MBA program.

It's good to hear from another person in the center. What an uncomfortable place to sit with all of this mudslinging going on. I agree that there is not much of a free discussion of issues back and forth. For that to occur, there needs to be as much listening as there is commenting. Those "yelling" shows contain only diametrically opposed forces that are not concern with a mutual exchange of anything more that insults and finger pointing. So much for progress.

BTW, Kpaul's response to me has a few good points. He just gets a bit wound up and that can drive the polarity machine even harder.

SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 10:04 AM   #70
SRMark
Founding Member

Hell boy, I thought you was a-way over yonder on the left. Good to see you more centered. Thanks for taking the time to share your option with me. And I do agree with a good deal of what you just said. Not that that should matter to you or that it makes either of us valid. I do think we (the collective we) need to pull more together than we do at times.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote