Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 10-14-2004, 05:53 PM   #41
obandoj
Founding Member

Default Re: Riverside Beware, Something For The Dirt MOFO's

I guess if it was up to longride all of the public lands, BLM lands, etc, would be closed to the public, since it is a privilege to be able to use them, and since nobody would be there to die in them, it would save many lives to boot, maybe they should be open to horse riders only, so their stupid animals would not get spooked by any other users!
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-14-2004, 06:45 PM   #42
dylanmo
Founding Member

What?
dylanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 02:03 AM   #43
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Why my post was cool

It's because stupid MF'ers like you can't figure out a joke when you see one. Anyone that has been on this forum more than a week, and has half a brain knows why I wrote that. Maybe I need to write slower because you can't read fast?? LOL
Old 10-15-2004, 02:05 AM   #44
pplassm
Founding Member

Yes, it is a shame. No one will actually talk to their neighbors anymore. Just call the cops. I'm sure they are more gainfully employed smoothing out neighborhood complaints than actually chasing criminals.

Old 10-15-2004, 02:55 AM   #45
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: The Horse's Asses aren't part of the Horses!

You're right.

But I still feel better!
Old 10-15-2004, 04:22 AM   #46
CRPilot212
Founding Member

Amen! -start quasi-rant here- We used to ride on a big chunk of desert that was still BLM land here in AZ and when they annexed it to the City of Mesa, all of the sudden we were getting ran out by cops every weekend for stupid reasons like hindering vegetation from growing (uhhh didn't I just say desert???), killing lizards, disturbing the 14 head of cattle that had been running on that land for the last 10 years (maybe the rancher forgot he had them), etc... A not so funny thing happened though. That whole area is covered with houses now. Guess those lizards don't mean quite so much when you can sell the land to a developer or three for a few million, build 500 houses and sell them at an average cost of $180k... Poor little lizards didn't have a chance against urban sprawl... Ok, it was a bit more of a rant that I thought, but we lost about 300 acres of primo desert riding to a few hundred soccer moms that killed thousands of desert creatures for the suburban dream... I learned how to ride out there for Chrissakes!!!
CRPilot212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 04:27 AM   #47
CRPilot212
Founding Member

that was just cruel... funny as he.. but cruel...
CRPilot212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 04:41 AM   #48
seruzawa
The Toad

Jeez. For a minute there I thought you were running for office.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:51 AM   #49
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Geritol & tow ropes

My uncle used to take my brother and I to Ascot on Fridays to watch the flattrack races. It was much more exciting than this current indoor "supercross" style or especially that repetitive "freestyle" snoozefest. Nothing like a tightly spaced group of riders going hell-bent-for-leather at 80mph without any brakes and only 4 inches of suspension travel. And those Goldstars and Flatheads shook the ground as they thundered by. The occasional drunken brawls only added to the ambience.

I used to do a lot of riding at this huge field near Normandie and Imperial Hwy which was only a couple of miles from my house. Before it became to dangerous for honkies. I wouldn't drive through there in broad daylight now.

We also used to watch the scrambles (guys riding XLCHs off road were always an impressive sight to a 10 year old) down where the Artesia Fwy is now.

To think that all that land went for $4 an acre prior to WWII.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:53 AM   #50
seruzawa
The Toad

Sorry Dude. You're gonna have to spring for KTMs and lipgloss.

Trust me.