Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 10-14-2004, 12:34 PM   #31
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Chris was wearing a helmet

As is Chris, bless his buttons.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-14-2004, 01:36 PM   #32
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Riverside Beware, Something For The Dirt MOFO's

Figured I'd snag somebody.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:38 PM   #33
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Damn straight, next thing you know people will want control of their life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness! To think that some people don't want to be told what to do on their own property, JEEZ!
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 03:11 PM   #34
sarnali
Founding Member

They'd like to have dirt bikes and my 12yo likes to ride on the back of my bike, the 13yo isn't to much into it. We go watch roadraces and arena cross when they're in town but I don't really have the time or money for dirtbikes and streetbikes and I'm a street rider these days so.......
Old 10-14-2004, 03:14 PM   #35
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Geritol & tow ropes

I went to the roadraces a few months back and someone in the Classics class was running Blendzal

I almost creamed myself!
Old 10-14-2004, 03:22 PM   #36
douglst
Founding Member

Equestrians hate everyone who is not on a horse. I was harassed by one for having the nerve to ride a bicycle on the same trail as them, on public multi-use land! Most horseback riders can barely control their animals. Plus many horses spook easily and are as dumb as their riders.

These are the same type of people who are reversing back up the highway in their mini-van/SUV because they missed their exit while talking on the mobile phone.

douglst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 04:38 PM   #37
Neal
Founding Member

Naaahh....i didnt mean that although I guess my poorly written rant could be construed that way. My frustration is that in the day if you were riding too close to a farmers animals he'd let you know about it and inform you if it happened again hed pepper your sorry a.. with rock salt.it never happened again. Now land owners call the cops ,get lawyers to sue you and get the local politicians to pass ordinances. I associate this type of action(using govt to settle disagreements) with liberalism...but I freely admit that a conservative home owner nowadays will be just as quick to use these type actions as liberals.......and its a shame.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 04:46 PM   #38
Neal
Founding Member

By the way,i dont use liberal as a synonym for Democrat or conservative as synonym for republican but try to use the words in a more generic sense.Liberals rely on govt;conservatives rely on themselves except for inherent govt functions. The definition of what is inherently a govt function is where the legitimate political discourse should be focused but rarely is.When a republican tries to legislate to enforce his morality he's being liberal. Besides a dirt biker.Im that other endangered species-----a conservative Democrat.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 05:00 PM   #39
FrankS1
Founding Member

Default Re: The Horse's Asses aren't part of the Horses!

Wouldn't rant quite as hard as seruzawa, but I've seen similar here in Colorado.

One of the Denver newspapers carried a series on the main trail along the Continental Divide, featuring both hikers and horse riders, mostly. The story quoted one horsewoman (would that be Horse's Ass Woman?) who was very upset because one of a group of campers was shaking out the ground cover under his tent. That spooked the horse, frightening the woman. She carried on for a while about inconsiderate hikers. She wasn't thrown off. Pity.

The story was written without comment..
FrankS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 05:20 PM   #40
FrankS1
Founding Member

Default Re: Encounters with Horses

I lived in Northern San Diego County until I retired and moved to Colorado. It was (and still is, miraculously enough) a rural area, with a fair number of horse riders. There is hardly anything more frightening than to be coming up on teenage girls riding their horses; a bicycle is worse than a motorcycle because the horse doesn't hear you until you get very close, the teenage girls never hear you, of course. I JUST ONCE came up on a group of riders quietly, and somehow managed to avoid being hit by shying horses - never again. I always shouted when on a bicycle or gunned the engine on a motorcycle. Got dirty looks from the girls, natch, but the flying hooves, if any, happened at a distance.

We used horses to pull loads and machinery when I grew up on a farm in Ohio (yes I'm that old), so I learned to manage them when I was about 8 years old. The horseback riders have NEVER learned, and I privately suspect they are incapable of anything more complex than steering them a bit.
FrankS1 is offline   Reply With Quote