Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 10-14-2004, 12:36 PM   #21
cybris
Registered Member

Default Re: Riverside Beware, Something For The Dirt MOFO's

Are you for real. I for one will ride what ever the hell I want on my land. I pay alot of my $ in property taxes not to mention the $ it took to buy it in the first place.
cybris is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-14-2004, 12:42 PM   #22
seruzawa
The Toad

(rant)

Have you ever seen what those danged nags do to nice backpacking trails? I'd rather share the trail with totegotes than those stinking nags that wreck the hillsides and spread shyt everywhere and buck and rear when they see your dog. Thos danged nags have ruined some of the nicest trails in the Uintas.

The motorcyclists are more coutreous than the nag owners. The nag owners seem to think that the countryside is their private preserve, which is why they attempt to control private land that thay have no freakin' business even being on.

(end rant)
Old 10-14-2004, 12:47 PM   #23
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Geritol & tow ropes

Did you ever ride in that huge area where the railroad used to go through near Western and Vermont?
Old 10-14-2004, 12:52 PM   #24
seruzawa
The Toad

(rant)

Don't bet on Montana being any better. Loads of Hollywierd actor and producer types own ranches there and they are trying to force in the same sort of over-regulated society that they created in L.A. You know how it is. They believe in freedom...as long it is freedom to behave only in the manner they approve of.

Actually, the Bueau of Land Management has been pretty much been taken over by college degreed greenie weenies who are trying to close all open land everywhere. And they've got plenty of fascistic judges on their side.

(end rant)
Old 10-14-2004, 12:54 PM   #25
johnnyb
Founding Member

right, all the people with horses and big houses who want you to go away are pc liberals.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 12:56 PM   #26
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

I think that your chain has been officially yanked. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 01:03 PM   #27
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Well one thing for sure, they're definitely not dirt bikers. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 01:05 PM   #28
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: Geritol & tow ropes

Yes, there's still a little bit left of it when you get off the Hollywood freeway at the Western exit. It's all fenced off, of course. It was by the Yellow Pages building. The Montesa distributor was right down the street, BTW.

Also at the giant vacant lot next to the I-5, on Riverside Drive & Fletcher (by Griffith park). Use to be the red car turntable & maintenance yard. Sometimes, there would be so many bikes; it would cause the freeway to back up, because of all the castor bean laden dust.

Remember Francisco Racing Oil? The lab was on Hyperion Ave, right across the river. I use to buy "Moon Gas" alcohol racing fuel for my kart (175cc Maico) from Mrs. Francisco herself.

Ahh, the memories...

Old 10-14-2004, 01:08 PM   #29
kowalke67
Founding Member

That's for sure. I'm 37 and just started dirt riding this year. I can't believe the animosity sometimes directed at dirt riders. I've ridden trails in MI where it's 100% legal to ride ORV's including motorcycle's and I've had trucks nearly run me off the trail (not even make an effort to move over when a little or slow down), some hikers look at me like I just ran over a puppy, etc. I don't ride like a madman either, not within my skills to do so. To be fair that is the minority of people I see out there acting like that.

Like you, I support the AMA. No one else is putting up an effort like they are to keep dirt riding open to us. I read their monthly rag and it's nearly depressing sometimes when they give the stat's on acres closed or currently threatened by legislation to be closed.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:08 PM   #30
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

You forgot boats and Jagrolets.