Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 09-22-2004, 02:08 PM   #41
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default Re: Difference between engineers and physicists

Either you didn't read the above post or just don't want to comprehend it's meaning because I have done it before where it counts. Manual timing simply is not reliable. I seriously doubt that this fellow was doing in excess of 160 or so. Fast? Yes! Illegal? Yes, 200+? No, and that speaks for itself. And further more the burden, IMHO, is on the authorities to be accurate and fair when they have the power of the state behind them, which in this case they are clearly not. This case stinks, and unfortunately, is not unusual.
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-22-2004, 02:16 PM   #42
billhawley
Founding Member

Default Re: 205MPH on a CBR 1000RR?

No wonder he was speeding. Scanning the ticket reveals that he has no motorcycle license. Obviously he simply had no idea how to operate the controls, since he never had the opportunity to complete a state sponsored MSF course. It's not HIS fault, it's our society.

Same thing with Charlie Manson. Surely he must be rehabilitated by now. I say this guy's already paid his debt (...then again, just a $115.00 fine? Heck, almost ANYONE can afford to pay THAT! The lawyer may be another matter though...)
billhawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 02:24 PM   #43
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Parallex error??? Physics for Racerboys.

Oh yeah. What would the fine be for driving at relativistic velocities?

Old 09-22-2004, 02:50 PM   #46
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

When I said (anything) I was refering to the big fours liter bikes. Throw a chip in (they're regulated at around 186MPH/300KPH stock) and look at gearing on a 1300cc Busa or a 1200cc ZX-12R in your stated conditions, make that a 20/25 knot tailwind, and yes I think 205MPH is doable. I know just the place, going into Van Horn, TX, through the desert on I-10. But wait a minute, don't those Texans throw you in jail for like Ten Years for writing A bum check? No sense of humor with some things. I've always thought that scrapping salt at Bonneville would be better.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 03:06 PM   #47
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Difference between engineers and physicists

Forget it sbp. You are definitely casting pearls before swine here. Although I'm guilty of it myself, I often remember what my father told me, "only an moron will argue with an idiot".
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 03:22 PM   #48
Pinkslip
Founding Member

If the cop argues to the court that this guy ran at a clip over 2 bucks, it should be thrown out- there are a number of ways to disprove this claim (if this guy is smart enough to get an attorney). If, however, the cop argues that (regardless of the accuracy of his calculations) the motorcyclist was obviously traveling over 100mph, this guy is up poo creek without a plunger.

Also, the ticket isn't citing the fact that he clearly exceeded the posted limit- it cites that the manner in which he operated his vehicle was seen as "reckless" by the officer. Cops cite people for one and argue the other in court a lot. It's a sneaky way to get your moving violation dismissed. If the cop argues that the person was traveling above the limit, say "Your Honor, he/she is right. I was traveling above the posted limit. Now, in regards to this ludicrous citation accusing me of doing anything reckless: obviously the officer has failed to prove so."
Pinkslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 03:30 PM   #50
12er
Founding Member

Who Cares, check out the KTM 990 Duke Video. Should cause more stink than this....

http://www.990superduke.com/media/im...vid/vid_1.html
12er is offline   Reply With Quote