Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 09-22-2004, 04:37 PM   #41
Holy_Kaw
Founding Member

Default Re: not kpaul and definitely willing to opine

Maybe just take him out back and shoot him as well? Even though nobody got hurt he was Speeding! Couple questions, have you ever sped? Ever notice that Cops seem to speed all the time for no apparent duty related reason?
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-22-2004, 04:40 PM   #42
Dreadstar
Founding Member

Default Re: 205MPH on a CBR 1000RR?

The truth is we had better do something - and do it quickly before it is to late . As more and more of these stories are brought to the fore of the public conciousness . Motorcycling as we know it will seize to exist in it's current form . Now I know that there are various arguments as to the validity of the officer's method of verifieing the speed of this young man . That point is completely arbitrary - do to the fact that most people reading said newspaper - have no idea that a Honda 1000 can or cannot accelerate to 205 mph .

You also had better believe there is more than one insurance carrier - or state legislator reading the same thing . They also might have no idea as to the validity of the "claimed " speed . However - I can assure you of this one irrefutable fact - they are already preparing a meeting on gaining control of the percieved problem . When this is all said and done pressure will be put on the manufacturer's to limit the performance of their motorcycles in accordance with the law .

Now you might say it will never happen and go on with your life - but I would have to tell you to wake up . I do not need to be a prophet of doom to see the inevitble conclusion - that all those videos that are being made showing complete disregard for safety - and law enforcement - along wih newspaper headlines . Will eventually be brought to a court in the hands of the prosecution - with only one purpose - state controlled sanctions becoming law .

I know we all like to joke about these actions - and argue the truth or untruth through mathematics - physical limitations - or just plain human error . These are in reality of no true value . Using the knowledge you have towards a solution - always outweigh's just finding the problem . This is true in motorcycling ,politics , life etc. . Here is a fact many may not know . The insurance companies are among the richest - and most powerful corporations in the world . Those helmut laws - seatbelt laws - and yes even airbags were all supported by them . Why? Because every time some one is hurt in an accident - and requires medical aid or vehicle repairs or even burial costs it's money out of their pocket's . Placing blame on sportbikes or cruiser's is not going to help at all .

Look at the cost of insurance for 18-25 year olds in the last five years . These are the facts that will determine the future of motorcycling . Because when the insurance company's combine with the government legislature fueled by the media it will be too late ! All the protesting in the world will only possibly delay the process of motorcycle limitations of some kind .

Now some may mock in their ignorance - and other's may blow this off as conjecture . That is fine you have been warned - so do not whine when it is gone . Money - politics - and fame are powerful enemies and nearly impposible to stop once they combine - and attack together . Perhaps an intelligent solution can be found before all of this begins - and that is why I am writing this now . I am preparing a website ( shameless plug sorry Sean ) that will not test motorcycles - but deal more with motorcycle culture - and style ( ie. The Ducati 999 headlights how they pull away from the smooth lines and should have a lens cover ) also dealing with this issue represented in this post .

Dread-star
Dreadstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 05:01 PM   #43
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Bears all the way baby! I bleed blue and orange. The time for the fudge packers is done. LOL
Old 09-22-2004, 05:04 PM   #44
dean_1
Founding Member

If the sum***** wasn't pullin' a wheely when he was clocked it don't count.
dean_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 05:08 PM   #45
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Fight!

The nerd cage match above is pretty damn funny.

I'm waiting for one of them to chuck his Dungeons and Dragons pieces at another one.

Duck!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 05:25 PM   #46
Nplateau
Founding Member

Default Re: not kpaul and definitely willing to opine

ROCK ON BIG D!!!
Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 05:42 PM   #47
Nplateau
Founding Member

GO BEARS! Of course, I mean the Golden Bears of Cal.

If you insist on pro ball, then I must say GO RAIDERS!

But I have to say, Lovie Smith was a great hire. Rex Grossman? He'll be solid if not spectacular in the long run. Liked the Booker trade.
Old 09-22-2004, 05:45 PM   #48
Nplateau
Founding Member

Default Re: Fight!

LMFAO
Old 09-22-2004, 06:17 PM   #49
Holy_Kaw
Founding Member

Default Dream Team

I'd have no problem with having SBP and VWW on my side (hope they'd understand the part about me not having millions for legal fees). Man am I glad I'm not in that guys shoes though!
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 07:24 PM   #50
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Fight!

Oh, you finally showed up. How much was the bail for a 205mph ticket?