Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 09-27-2004, 12:39 PM   #241
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Yikes!

Looks like the stealth moderator is back again.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-27-2004, 02:01 PM   #242
ssloan
Registered Member

Default Re: 205MPH on a stock RC-51?

Just a thought. According to the rider in question, the CBR600F4i was clocked at 111 mph. If the RC 51 was going anywhere close to that speed, it could be the the trooper doing the clocking did not see the line on the road and clocked him over a double distance, therefore doubling the calculated speed. Like I said, just a thought.
ssloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 04:13 PM   #243
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Just the facts Just the facts.

If the great accomplishment is getting rid of a turd, then it's definately the Exlax box for me. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 04:21 PM   #244
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Just the facts Just the facts.

Whoops the Exlax memorial should be put on hold. Your right seruzwa the "stealth" moderator seems not to have learned anything as usual. The turd is loose! Hide the women and children. VWW
Old 09-28-2004, 06:37 AM   #246
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default No guts, no glory, eh? How about neither?

Yep, and it looks as if he's replaced one form of forum abuse (multiple postings of the same comment in the same thread) with another (abuse of public moderation).

One of the things that forums like this depend upon is the civility, good-will (or in the case of lack thereof, restraint), and general good manners on the part of all participants. Public moderation is supposed to be a method of issuing a collective boo or cheer, or thumbs up or down, not a way of hiding in the shadows and accomplishing with multiple moderations of the same post what you could not with a response, i.e., make it go away.

When it becomes evident that ain't happening as they should then maybe it's time for something to change. Sean?

sbp
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 07:23 AM   #247
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: No guts, no glory, eh? How about neither?

You're right it looks like our resident three year old moderated most of my remarks in the latest threads to 0 or -1. I moderated some back, but I'm begining to think about procuring a copy of that book of longride's and delivering it personally. VWW
Old 09-28-2004, 08:50 AM   #248
El_Flaco
Founding Member

I actually talked with Officer Al (the guy who caught him in the plane) of the Minnesota Police by phone this morning on a morning show here in Seattle. Told him he was wrong and proceeded to explain that I have ridden RC-51s and they cannot do that speed. I also quoted the fact that the factory AMA superbikes are getting 'only' 190 mph on the front straights with millions of dollars of factory support and 180+ hp. He went on to say that it had been 'modified' and that "I was entitled to my own opinion" to which I interrupted with "it's not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of fact." After mentioning that I hoped the accused got a really good attorney and fought it to the bitter end, my call was dropped. Idiot. Hope he loses his job.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:23 AM   #249
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Good for you!

Now, wanna hook me up with his attorney. I could use some easy money

cheers

sbp
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 09:45 AM   #250
El_Flaco
Founding Member

Default Can they do that?

How can your insurance company justify that? You didn't break the law. That must break a whole host of insurance laws; if I were you, I'd contact your state's insurance commissioner's office and get a new insurance company. It's cheaper than a new bike!