Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 09-25-2004, 08:40 AM   #141
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Please ignore the last comment

every once in a while I find myself feeling sorry for KP. It's truly sad, but he just can't seem to control himself. I'm not saying this to be mean, but he really should get some kind of counseling. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-25-2004, 09:10 AM   #142
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Sean just do it.

KP,

If I wanted to ban you for eternity, I'd just do it. I certainly don't need an "excuse".

As for the helmet statistics thing, you already know that you mistakenly assumed that "staff" was me. There are over 20 people around the world that have access to the name "staff". However, I don't post as staff, I post as SeanAlexander.

As I clearly said in your warning, you are free (even encouraged) to disagree with me. I would certainly never claim to be right about everything. In fact, I'm frequently wrong and benefit by learning from my mistakes.

So by all means, continue to disagree with and attack me. Considering your track record, I am far more comfortable with your oposition, than I am with your agreement. -Sean
Old 09-25-2004, 11:07 AM   #143
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default Re: You're there dude

Wait - where is your gpt?

I'll be down in November and December with spare time after WSMC. We should get the crew together for a ride.

seeya BRO )
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 11:14 AM   #144
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default Re: 205MPH on a CBR 1000RR?

Bruce Campbell rocks the world. He's at Sundance every once in a while and a nice guy.
Old 09-25-2004, 11:17 AM   #145
dylanmo
Founding Member

Default Re: Get back to work

Nope, the fruited plains of eastern WA.
dylanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 11:27 AM   #146
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default Re: Math for Morons, Conmen, and pretend lawyers (BMW4VW)

Thanks a whole bunch, you ba****d, I just blew an entire Pepsi all over my monitor.
Old 09-25-2004, 12:01 PM   #147
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default Dispatch from the scientific ghetto

Thanks for you eloquent statement in defense of civility, objectivity and letting facts speak for themselves. None of this really bothers me because if KPaul were the scientific/engineering powerhouse he claims to be he would have simply have referenced An Introduction to Error Analysis , by John R. Taylor, widely considered the definitive source for matters involving scientific measurement. The math gets a little ponderous for anyone without a background in advanced math after 10 pages or so but fortunately the matters relevant to KPaul's rants are settled on about page 6. I'm guessing that between running down to hall to consult aeronautical engineers who are as mistaken as he is, dreaming up juvenile ad-hominem attacks, making me reconsider my support for John Kerry, and pasting the same comments 10 times in the same thread he just doesn't have time to do this. Pity.

No one can predict how this will ultimately be decided. I don't know if in MN reckless driving is bundled with speeding above a certain limit of if he was cited seperately. In my experience judges drive cars and get tickets too and are not overly sympathetic with poorly prepared cases brought before them by the police - especially one as high profile as this. If the defense is able to point out that the timing can't possibly be right, and this will be easy to prove, then who knows?

Anyway thank you and BMW and Dale, thank you too. Sorry I am late in responding but even at a third rate U like the one I teach at we have things to do. But it seems like most everyone here has sized up the lay of the land pretty accurately.

Just to set the record straight, KPaul has declined every invitation he's been offered (to my knowledge) to actually ride with any of us. The last time I offered I was in Seattle with a bike to give an invited talk (that morphed, ironically enough, into a talk on audio forensics) at the Boeing facility in Seattle at PNACP a year or so ago. I have no idea what his deal really is but he doesn't seem too anxious for any of us to find out.

I gave this situation to my advanced engineering physics class as a project for them to create an analysis of that I'll post on this site with Sean's permission when they are finished with it.

Regards to all

spb
Old 09-25-2004, 12:35 PM   #148
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Just our of curiosity, is airplane glue involved in what you do at Boeing?

sbp
Old 09-25-2004, 02:48 PM   #149
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I see you've been attending my witty retort classes at night school.

I'm going to give you an A for this example. Keep up the good work.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 02:56 PM   #150
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Speed, liberty, and justice for all

I know hoosier. Earlier in this thread I gave similar advice to sport bike pilot. Usually I tend to Ignore KP, but today I'd had enough of his BS, and thought I'd try a different strategy. See the next to last post and it's thread. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote