Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 09-23-2004, 10:11 PM   #131
pplassm
Founding Member

Default Re: 205MPH on a CBR 1000RR?

This forum may not be in full effect, but it's better than rec.motorcycles!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-24-2004, 04:04 AM   #132
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default From the horse's mouth

Here's what the guy that did this said on the www.sportbikes.net forum (KPaul, the guy says he had a nearly bone-stock RC-51, so whatever the cops' error was, it was enough to translate to at least a 40mph error in judgement of speed.)

<blockquote>

All right, I was the one who got the ticket and it is time to clear some things up. For one, I was riding a 2003 Honda RC51, "heavily modified" with 2 Brothers slip on pipes and, well thats all the mods I have unless you count the "I stop for wh***s" sticker. Next, the bike wasn't impounded, it was towed so it wouldn't be in the roadway. Ok, on to the tickets. 205...uh no. I am personal friends with the owner of "Hitman Motorsports" and tonight, Sept. 22, we did a top speed run on his dyno, in 6th gear, and maxed nearly 60mph slower than I was arrested for. The "no motorcycle endorsement" is because my licence was expired, I do have a motorcycle endoresement for all you people digging into me about that. The stop watch method may be accurate at times, but this is un-conceivable for my motorcycle to approach 205. Honda's RC211v, which is Honda's MotoGP race bike, 5 cyclinders and 268 horespower, just broke 200mph on the track within the last week. And we are talking about a 1/2 to 3/4 million dollar bike. And for you gear-heads, I had on Joe Rocket Boots, Shoei helmet, Leather gloves, Ballistic coat, and leather bottoms. Also, both of us were arrested, and no, the slower one did not get a warning, he was ticketed for 111mph on a F4i. I hope this clears things up for everybody, I am just sick of everyone saying things about what they dont know, making me look like this horrific person. People speed, and if anyone knows anything about the "Flood Run" (which was the ride I was on, which by the way benefits the Gillettes Children Fund) I would be a hell of a lot more concerned about the 7,000 bar-hopping motorcyclist out on the road. 99% of the people you hear things from are misinformed. If you have questions, I will answer them. And one last note, this is information you don't know, the pilot who clocked me, was clocking me, the F4i, and flying his plane at 110mph all at the same time. Think about that for a second.</blockquote>

Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 04:05 AM   #133
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Re: From the horse's mouth

Link to thread where he comments about this multiple times:

http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/sho...7&page=5&pp=15

Old 09-24-2004, 04:12 AM   #134
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Re: Speed, liberty, and justice for all

If the cop was incompetent enough to be off by 100%, then who knows how fast he was going. He could have been starting and stopping the timer using the wrong hashmarks in the road, or even marks in the road that were there for some other purpose rather than speed measurement.

Sure, the guy was speeding, he has now admitted it on the internet. But to be convicted of speeding they will need more conclusive proof. The cop either made a very poor measurement or willfully and recklessly exaggerated what the guy was doing. Either way it should be dropped.
Old 09-24-2004, 04:39 AM   #135
dylanmo
Founding Member

Default Re: Wrongo News Flash.

I have a doctorate, and I think you're a) a total drip, b) subliterate, c) way off base. Plenty of smart people don't have postgraduate degrees, and plenty of clowns have Ph.D.s. Besides, it's only idiots who proclaim how smart they must be because of their degrees. (Aaaand...that's you). I don't see SBP asking anyone to kowtow to him because of his degrees. I see you trumpeting your MBA all this time, and accusing everyone who disagrees with you of having gone to "community college" Good on you for getting the MBA, I hope your self esteem improves to the point where you don't feel like you need to invoke that within an argument. Unlikely!

The physics guys I know are often quirky, and often brilliant. Physics is "minor league"? That's, ah, strange. Besides, everyone "nows" that the smartest students are chemical engineers.
dylanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 04:41 AM   #136
dylanmo
Founding Member

Default Kaboom

With super-deluxe sparking action!

Old 09-24-2004, 04:47 AM   #137
hoopman
Registered Member

Default Re: 205MPH on a CBR 1000RR?

Actually it was an RC51 according to todays paper, and of course the cops stand by their stopwatch.
hoopman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 05:10 AM   #138
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: The reason Holy Kaw works at Walmart

Ever hear the one about how "It's better to be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt?"
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 05:11 AM   #139
dylanmo
Founding Member

Default LMAO

This is why Sean writes for a living. Huzzah!
Old 09-24-2004, 05:15 AM   #140
dylanmo
Founding Member

Default Re: From the horse's mouth

Jeebus, finally some facts. Thanks, Froman.