Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 03-17-2001, 12:47 AM   #41
Dual__Exhaust
Founding Member

Default Re: Deuce vs. Phoenix Reader Feedback

Yep. The wheel they put out back really exacerbates the problem of poor styling. The plain version of the BMW is much better but is unique probably just for the sake of being unique. "Let's see, whatever Harley did, let's do it differently"...

If it did anything better than any other bike, I may take another look. Until then, nah.
Dual__Exhaust is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2001, 04:23 AM   #42
Syncity
Founding Member

I'll slap a pair of ape hangers on the BMW. Put on my black leather chaps, jean jacket with sleeves cut off, dew rag and sunglasses, storm trooper boots, get the bi-ceps pumped up. And ride to sturgis on my funky yellow BMW. I'll probably have flat tires when I leave the full-throttle saloon. Are you kidding me!

Syncity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2001, 08:49 PM   #43
nome
Founding Member

Default Re: HD "list" prices

man where do yo ulive I have called or e-mailed ten dealers and the cheapest I have found is $1800 over msrp the highest is staggering!
nome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2001, 11:38 AM   #44
YadaYada
Founding Member

To say that "EVERYBODY" can see ugly is incredibly short-sighted. If everybody thought alike, we'd all be riding the same bike. Thanks God that isn't the case.

Beauty is definitely subjective to personal taste. Then again, who cares what you sausages think anyway? Something that wasn't really explored in this article is something that defines cruising...sex appeal. There is an excellent piece on this site titled "The Definition of Cruising" that explores this intangible.

Consequently, when you say "EVERYBODY" can see that the R1200C is ugly, you must be forgetting the female persuasion. I'm sorry that you fellas on this board think the R1200C is ugly, but guess what...I don't care. I can assure you one thing though...CHICKS DIG THIS BIKE in a big way. I get big smiles, approving nods and thumbs–up wherever I go and that’s not all, but I won’t go into that. Frankly, the only remotely dissapproving looks I've gotten is from the Harley-biased crowd, but they don't count because they are going to disapprove of anything without the HD logo anyway.

I'm not saying that the Deuce isn't a beautiful bike, because it is stunning. Yet, so is the R1200C, but for different reasons. ItÂ’s all about what you identify with. The Deuce represents a timeless, classic style and also a certain image that comes along with it (like it or not.) The BMW is daring, different and sophisticated and itÂ’s not trying to be something itÂ’s not. Personally, I identify with the latter. ThatÂ’s just me.

If the Harley floats your boat and you can identify with the whole Harley lifestyle, then great. ItÂ’s all relative my friend.

YadaYada is offline   Reply With Quote