Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 01-21-2001, 06:16 AM   #31
SamBlob
Founding Member

Default Re: F650C

Does anyone else think that a F650C just might be a good idea? It couldn't possibly look worse than the F650GS (unless they revive the previous F650) and it might just improve BMW's entry level. Oh yes, and shaft drive too, please...
SamBlob is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-21-2001, 07:55 AM   #32
SamBlob
Founding Member

Default Re: Rolex vs. Casio

Rolex is one of the few major Swiss names left in the watchmaking field the Swiss once ruled.

Rolls-Royce, once the pride of British aristocracy, is now owned by Volkswagen and BMW, which leaves the RR purists about as inconsolable as Harley purists would be if Honda and Kawasaki were to take over H-D.

H-D is doing well to keep up with (or at least not too far behind) the times.
SamBlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2001, 04:53 PM   #33
oldjapbikes
Founding Member

Default love the local talk!

Eyyo MO, da' wuz sum phat reportnn. Dem bikes iz defnitly da shiznit da's fo sho. I ain even like cruisaz bu' peepin at doz bikez made me wanna brake (sic) out sum dough an' get one. Dat Harley D is tight, bud dat bee-em-dub look like some kinda aliean shi* wi' dat wack-ass suspension shi* on 'ere. Dozs rims is phat doh. Fit-teen gran' fo da beema? I might hada still me one cuz I ain' got that kinda cream.
oldjapbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 07:48 AM   #34
Thig
Founding Member

Default Re: Deuce vs. Phoenix Reader Feedback

The re-sell argument is . I buy to ride, not count penneys until I decide to sell it.
Thig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2001, 04:33 PM   #35
xv1100s
Founding Member

I know 11 folk with Harley's....Only 1 has a reliable bike. I wouldn't touch one with a 10 foot pole. Nice looking, low quality machine. As for the Beemer....I witnessed one at an MSF Experienced ridier course and that durn kickstand scraped so much that I think it was a different shape when the rider finished the course.

If you are going to choose between these 2 bikes, I guess it boils down to what you are willing to put up with. I think I'll pass altogether and keep riding (when the snow melts).

Thx for the article though....keep up the good work!
xv1100s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 01:34 PM   #36
seruzawa
The Toad

Well cretainly no one is going to buy the BMW for its looks. It looks like it was designed by a janitor who used to read old custom bike magazines while hiding in the broom closet at the DKW works in East Germany. In fact, you'll never hear the exhaust sound of the BMW because the peals of laughter from people watching you drive by will be too loud.
Old 02-01-2001, 01:39 PM   #37
seruzawa
The Toad

Actually you have to admire BMW for having the guts to build a bike that will raise huge swells of raucous laughter everywhere you go. It is a hilarious looking monstrosity that could only be concieved by Germans. Perhaps BMW should issue those old-style half-helmets with each one. The 1200C is without a doubt the most ridiculous looking thing to come down the pike since Ducati tried to build cruisers back in the 80's.
Old 03-17-2001, 12:25 AM   #38
Dual__Exhaust
Founding Member

Default Re: Cruiser comparo...

Totally unrelated but I'll take the bait...

My wife owns a Honda VTR250 Interceptor V-Twin that not only passes traffic, can pin the needle on the 115 mph speedo, but also brakes and accelerates better than any street-legal auto. It also geets 80mpg and looks great. It even has a catalytic converter so emissions are low. I prefer it to my liter bike any day for around town, so I ride it all the time. I think there is a lot to be said for these bikes even if they are not for everyone. The microcruisers are extremely underpowered in this class though, and I could not buy one for that reason. 60 mph top speed is definitely insufficient.
Dual__Exhaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 12:28 AM   #39
Dual__Exhaust
Founding Member

I have to agree, even if I can't see any reason to buy a Harley. Style MUST rate below reliability if it relates to something with only two wheels.

One wheel will not get you home.
Old 03-17-2001, 12:39 AM   #40
Dual__Exhaust
Founding Member

Default Sportbikers read it because of the ebonics

The article drew me in with the promise of offending someone. I don't actually care about either of these bikes enough to read the comparo without the attempt at humor - it drew me in because without the ebonic connection, I felt no draw to the article. Plus, he was consistent: rising action, climax, and falling action all were accompanied by partially humorous, partially offensive ebonic reference.