Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 01-13-2001, 03:54 PM   #11
backroadbandit
Founding Member

Default Re: Deuce vs. Phoenix Reader Feedback

Yup, and my KLR looks cooler than any Harley, if I were ever to consider how it looks, which is mostly, DIRTY.

Better wheelies, too.
backroadbandit is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-13-2001, 05:56 PM   #12
backroadbandit
Founding Member

I agree. They are kind of .......... nerdulent.
backroadbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2001, 07:18 AM   #13
donzi
Founding Member

Default Re: HD "list" prices

I bought a fxdx @ list in october from TSI Harley in Ellington, CT. New London County Motorsports in CT also sells at list price. Other dealers around me sell over 4k above list.
donzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2001, 01:56 PM   #14
lexs
Founding Member

Just FYI, I know a guy who put 220K on an early 'wing without doing anything but oil & filter and tire changes. Last I saw him he was at 240K and mad a the bike because it needed a head gasket at 220K. No air cooled bike by any manufacturer is even close to a good (GL, BMW K bike, etc.) water cooled bike, it just isn't possible. Even the BMWs need at least valve work by 100K. They might still be running but they are well past their prime.
lexs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2001, 05:09 AM   #15
AcesN8s
Founding Member

Default Re: Why would I want...

Thank you. It's amazing how many childish posts I had to read through before I found someone who understands that not everyone is interested in the same thing.
AcesN8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2001, 06:39 AM   #16
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

Default Re: aghhha

Gotta tell ya, it's a whole lot of fun riding the Road King wearing my full face Arie Quantum /F and one-piece AreoStich suit. I don't wear it all the time as OK is an adult choice state but I have actually had folks (ok they weren't H-D riders) comment on how refreshing it was to see a "Harley" rider wear protective gear. I've never been a lemming and just the thought of looking like everyone else kinda freaks me out. I just wish the Valk had worked out better for me. Loved the bike cause it IS so different. It just didn't fit. My Road King actually feels small in comparison.

"Cages are for HAMSTERS!"
TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2001, 08:15 AM   #17
Iman01
Founding Member

You are missing the point. If I wanted to ride fast I'd buy a Busa or something.

I love the way Harleys look, I love the way my bikes fit me. I enjoy adding parts to it. I have a 1983 Sportster, damn thing is always breaking, that is part of why I love it so much.

Iman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2001, 08:17 AM   #18
Iman01
Founding Member

Right on the Duece is the worst looking Harley I have ever seen.
Iman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2001, 10:57 AM   #19
Homer
Founding Member

Went to Sturgis from eastern PA in '97 with my bud. I was on a 97 HD FLHTC w/ 5k miles. He was on his 84 HD w/ 92k miles which has never been apart. No problems. I maintain all my bikes and ride about 15k a year. Oh yeah, I also have a 84 Yamaha XV1000 and a 01 HD FXST. I don't think after 40 years of riding I could do the 4040 mile one week trip to Sturgis on a sport bike. The FJR1300 might be a different story. Ride what you like. I like anything with 2 wheels and a motor.
Homer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2001, 03:08 PM   #20
RalphKramden
Founding Member

Hey- I can afford anew bike every couple of years as long as I don't buy a Harley or BMW. That way I get the new technology and waranty instead of riding around on a 16 year old bike that will never turn into a collectors item.
RalphKramden is offline   Reply With Quote