Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Paranoid News Clips (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/)
-   -   Deuce vs. Phoenix Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/252-deuce-vs-phoenix-reader-feedback.html)

backroadbandit 01-13-2001 03:54 PM

Re: Deuce vs. Phoenix Reader Feedback

Yup, and my KLR looks cooler than any Harley, if I were ever to consider how it looks, which is mostly, DIRTY.

Better wheelies, too.

backroadbandit 01-13-2001 05:56 PM

I agree. They are kind of .......... nerdulent.

donzi 01-14-2001 07:18 AM

Re: HD "list" prices

I bought a fxdx @ list in october from TSI Harley in Ellington, CT. New London County Motorsports in CT also sells at list price. Other dealers around me sell over 4k above list.

lexs 01-14-2001 01:56 PM

Just FYI, I know a guy who put 220K on an early 'wing without doing anything but oil & filter and tire changes. Last I saw him he was at 240K and mad a the bike because it needed a head gasket at 220K. No air cooled bike by any manufacturer is even close to a good (GL, BMW K bike, etc.) water cooled bike, it just isn't possible. Even the BMWs need at least valve work by 100K. They might still be running but they are well past their prime.

AcesN8s 01-15-2001 05:09 AM

Re: Why would I want...

Thank you. It's amazing how many childish posts I had to read through before I found someone who understands that not everyone is interested in the same thing.

TatdNPrcd 01-15-2001 06:39 AM

Re: aghhha

Gotta tell ya, it's a whole lot of fun riding the Road King wearing my full face Arie Quantum /F and one-piece AreoStich suit. I don't wear it all the time as OK is an adult choice state but I have actually had folks (ok they weren't H-D riders) comment on how refreshing it was to see a "Harley" rider wear protective gear. I've never been a lemming and just the thought of looking like everyone else kinda freaks me out. I just wish the Valk had worked out better for me. Loved the bike cause it IS so different. It just didn't fit. My Road King actually feels small in comparison.

"Cages are for HAMSTERS!"

Iman01 01-15-2001 08:15 AM

You are missing the point. If I wanted to ride fast I'd buy a Busa or something.

I love the way Harleys look, I love the way my bikes fit me. I enjoy adding parts to it. I have a 1983 Sportster, damn thing is always breaking, that is part of why I love it so much.

Iman01 01-15-2001 08:17 AM

Right on the Duece is the worst looking Harley I have ever seen.

Homer 01-15-2001 10:57 AM

Went to Sturgis from eastern PA in '97 with my bud. I was on a 97 HD FLHTC w/ 5k miles. He was on his 84 HD w/ 92k miles which has never been apart. No problems. I maintain all my bikes and ride about 15k a year. Oh yeah, I also have a 84 Yamaha XV1000 and a 01 HD FXST. I don't think after 40 years of riding I could do the 4040 mile one week trip to Sturgis on a sport bike. The FJR1300 might be a different story. Ride what you like. I like anything with 2 wheels and a motor.

RalphKramden 01-15-2001 03:08 PM

Hey- I can afford anew bike every couple of years as long as I don't buy a Harley or BMW. That way I get the new technology and waranty instead of riding around on a 16 year old bike that will never turn into a collectors item.