Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 09-06-2004, 01:01 PM   #21
tonyharrah
Founding Member

Default Re: Police Arrest 154 mph Tourist

Where is Vermulen in the overall standings?
tonyharrah is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-06-2004, 02:35 PM   #22
HobbleFoot
Founding Member

Anyone want a new Buell Firebolt for cheap(er)? Go to http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/3/9/74887139.htm
HobbleFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 02:40 PM   #23
seruzawa
The Toad

I'm curious about something. I've never driven the autobahn so I'm wondering what is the difference in licensing requirements for Germany vs the USA? Do the Germans allow half-blind octgenarians with congenital heart conditions to have licenses to pilot 20,000 lb. motorhomes around the countryside? Just today I was faced with a phalanx of three of these behemoths driving up I-15 at identical speeds blocking all three lanes at exactly the speed limit.

One reason that speeding in the US can be so dangerous is that so many people who patently shouldn't be allowed to drive are given licenses. It is common on US Interstates to see self-appointed traffic monitors drive slowly in the fast lanes. These people never yield for faster traffic nor are they ever pulled over. Instead they write letters to the local papers complaining about being flipped off. No one in authority dares criticize such @$$holes publicly in the Land Of The Free.

Do the Germans weed people who cannot control their vehicles out of the driving pool? Are the requiremnts tougher? Do they require drivers to actually be able to parallel park? Even a simple test like that would eliminate fully half of US drivers.
Old 09-06-2004, 02:43 PM   #24
seruzawa
The Toad

He should have told the cops that he was a US Representative.
Old 09-06-2004, 03:11 PM   #25
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

LOL. I must remember that one the next time I get pulled over. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 03:22 PM   #26
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Take a look at this seruzawa. http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig2/clark9.html
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 05:47 PM   #27
dp5
Founding Member

Default hmm... whatever happened to proof?

i wonder how the cops are going to say with any certainty who was actually riding that motorcycle? even assuming they could read the license plate on a bike moving 150mph...
dp5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 06:14 PM   #28
seruzawa
The Toad

Why stop at cars? How about airplanes? There is no reason to require pilot licensing in a free society, by the exact same reasoning.

Or how about railroad trains? You can't stop me from exercising my right to run a train!

Or drive a bus full of passengers! I can just get any old bus and sell tickets and drive it all over. If it catches on fire because of my incompetence and the passengers die no one can complain! That's my right!!

How dare the govt try to force me to meet any safety or competence standards as I careen down the road? It's my right!
Old 09-06-2004, 08:35 PM   #30
Crackerbat
Founding Member

Default Re: Just curious

being an idiot.. of course..

this was quite some time back.. and I certainly don't condone this type of driving regardless of skill level.

Long story short, some kid inna "pocket rocket" chevy cavalier wanted to prove his metal against my sleeper bmw
Crackerbat is offline   Reply With Quote