Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 08-25-2004, 07:25 AM   #44
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Screw 'em!

The problem with the liberal party is that they gave up liberalism for smiling fascism a long time ago. I'd love it if they actually were liberal. They ain't. Their Gohd is centralized govt domination of the public from cradle to grave. Both parties are in the hands of the powermad who care only about increasing that power.
Old 08-25-2004, 07:26 AM   #45
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: you're clouding the issue.

My personal opinion is that motorcycles are just as safe as cars if you pay attention and wear good equipment. Saying she probably would have been safer if she drove is fine, but she didn't, she rode or was a passenger on the bike.

Had she been wearing a helmet she most likely would not have suffered as bad a head injury. You know that as well as I do. Maybe here injuries were internal, or didn't involve her head at all, maybe this guy is making up this sad tale to prove a point, who knows, maybe they were all drunk.

I personaly support helmet laws, and seat belt laws and I think they should ban tobacco as well. I know that's not a real popular position to take, and I know you're an experianced rider and a mature adult, but the fact is there's alot of stupid f**ks around who don't know what they're doing. When they tear them selves up on bikes we all suffer from the fallout.

If they kept themselves off bikes and stuck to golf or tennis or something, then fine we don't need helmet laws because were all responsible enough to make a choice. Since they don't and since we get enough bad press as it is, something as common sense as a wearing helmet is a small consession to make.

You can always stick your head out the window or buy a 10 speed if you want the wind in your hair
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 07:28 AM   #47
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Helmets are law again in Louisiana

ROTFLMAO. The govt legislating common sense? Hardy har har. THe govt never ever hints that it possesses even a trace of common sense. How are they going to legislate it?
Old 08-25-2004, 07:32 AM   #48
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Cheap shot by MO

You're getting ready to make a fool of yourself again, aren't you.

Step back, take a few deep breaths, go to your happy place for a minute.

Ready? Now the issue isn't statistics, it's helmet laws. What do you have to say about that?
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 07:34 AM   #49
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Helmets are law again in Louisiana

You must have me confused with somebody else. Show me where I said people were no safer with a helmet than without one. Using the Michael Moore approach on this one JB?