Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 08-25-2004, 03:40 AM   #21
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Re: Screw 'em!

Liberal by definition has nothing to do with closed minded politics. Have you noticed that an intersection can be accident free and in the middle of the desert and some fool will walk out in front of a vehicle and get killed. Then the next thing you know a traffic light will get installed just to ease all the fear-everything people. These are the same types that Asscroft, Ridge and Bush like to keep on edge with all their well timed "Terror Alerts".
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-25-2004, 03:42 AM   #22
ChicagoCruiser
Founding Member

Default Re: Helmets are law again in Louisiana

This seems pretty simple to me - a helmet (or any decent protective gear for that matter) is only going to improve your chances of surviving an incident or at the very least - minimize the damage to you. So as we think about risk management as an intregal component of the way we approach the enjoyment of our sport, let us not forget that wearing the right gear is as important as what we ride, how we ride, when we ride and where we ride. Being selective about these things means that we'll probably live to enjoy the sport once again another day.

Ride to live.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:47 AM   #23
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Freedom

I imagine that most cops don't like to enforce freedom robbing laws and skid lids give them enough of an excuse to look the other way. Like Longhauler wrote, people die for every reason imaginable. We all got to go sometime and if you hadn't noticed, none of us leave this world alive.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 04:08 AM   #24
mps165
Founding Member

I wish every state made wearing a helmet a choice. Why do you ask? There will be less Harley Davidsons on the road since deaths will escalate. Most people that ride sportbikes are smart enough to wear helmets. We need to even it out a little.
mps165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 04:25 AM   #25
mile_eater
Founding Member

Default Re: Screw 'em!

Oh.. I've got no love for Bush...

This country no longer has a two-party system. It's has a single bi-factional ruling party.
Old 08-25-2004, 04:27 AM   #26
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default Discovery Channel

I saw a special on the "Discovery Channel" and it showed a biker that had just come in for emergency surgery.

All of his mouth and jaw were gone, just a hole in his head with blood ozing out. He was conscious and responding to verbal commands from the nurses. Must have been in shock though.

They said that he had been in a motorcycle wreck and was not wearing a helmet. He hit the back of a truck, which took off his mouth and nose.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if the blow was severe enough to take his mouth and nose off but he survived, that if he had a full face helmet on he probably would still have a mouth and nose.

gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 04:46 AM   #27
kowalke67
Founding Member

Good point. All those numbers really tell you is the number of deaths and if they had a helmet on or not, excluding the 16 unknowns. They really don't prove or say much of anything beyond that. If it could be put in a percentage then it would be a little more telling. Interpreting stats can easily be misleading if extra thought is not put in to it.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:09 AM   #28
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

ANOTHER helmet law argument???? This horse is dead and buried. Don't exhume it for another beating.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:16 AM   #29
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Helmet laws, like KPaul, always need another beating.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:18 AM   #30
HNH750
Founding Member

Have you ever witnessed one of these accidents, I have. Watching a husband holding his wifes bodyand telling the EMT to please save her is pretty rough. I never heard him say to her I respect your decision to not wear a helmet.
HNH750 is offline   Reply With Quote