Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (
-   Paranoid News Clips (
-   -   Helmets are law again in Louisiana (

eekadog 08-25-2004 10:01 PM

Re: Freedom
i'm arguing more that there shouldn't be a law. It's like outlawing all guns except .22 caliber pea shooters. Pointless because a .22 can kill you just as good as any other gun

GoochFalcon 08-25-2004 10:24 PM

Re: Helmets are law again in Louisiana
If people want to wear helmets it should be their perogative to do so but I know one thing if there is something I can do to make myself safer while I am riding I will damn sure do it and a helmet is one of those options there are alot of retarted ass people driving out there and I will do what I can to protect myself but it does kind of mess up my hair damn the bad luck.

pplassm 08-25-2004 11:33 PM

There you go.....
With that "of" thing again. It's "have", man, "HAVE"!!!!

Hector1 08-26-2004 01:21 AM

That's a long sentence.

Hector1 08-26-2004 01:29 AM

I think eventually this is going to happen. If you fall and crack your coconut on the pavement because you did not have a helmet, you and/or your family will be stuck with ALL the medical bills associated with your trip to the e-room.

Insurance companies are going to find ways to do this, buy using money and influence (lobbys are powerful) and eventually get a law passed.

Let's face it, motorcyclists are a small number of people killed or hurt on our roadways. But the insane rising of medical costs associated with putting your cracked coconut back together is going to get the health insurance industry's attention eventually.

Hey, let's face it. Everybody should wear a helmet, it is insane not too. When the dollars involved finally gets a certain person's attention, mandatory helmet will become reality.

longride 08-26-2004 02:00 AM

Re: It doesn't matter if it's dangerous or not!
All I was saying was the end-user has not really been affected by any internet laws yet. Yes, they will get around to censorship, registration, identification, and taxation for the whole deal. Just look at TV and radio. Good info on the coming trends though.

longride 08-26-2004 02:10 AM

Looks like your old brain never worked right to begin with. At least if I end up in a "veggitative state", I got 47 good years out of mine. You certainly can't say that. As for being an idiot for not wearing a helmet, I can assure you that your an idiot with it on OR off. Actually, I think your an idiot for riding a motorcycle to begin with. See how much fun calling people names can be??

longride 08-26-2004 02:16 AM

How about if you are found exceeding the speed limit, or stunting on the street, or even making an illegal turn and get hurt. Would the insurance companies have to pay up then, considering that all those acts are ILLEGAL and to ride without a helmet is not? How about people that need extensive skin grafts because they weren't wearing proper protective gear? How about the guy that wears all his gear, but has no training and runs offthe road and gets hurt? Should they pay then?

seruzawa 08-26-2004 03:08 AM

How about taking a bath? Bathtubs are a major cause of death. No insurance coverage for bathers!

How about terminal diseases? Everyone who has a terminal disease will die! No coverage for people with terminal diseases!

Methinks that insurance companies are pulling our legs. Even during real recessions, like the early 70's one, insurance companies seemed to be able to afford to build skyscrapers.

seruzawa 08-26-2004 04:34 AM

Your children can be taken from you on the whim of a bureaucrat. You can be arrested for refusing to give your child ritalin (or any sort of treatment a croaker thinks he/she needs). Your home can be taken from you to provide cheap land for Wal-Mart. A policeman can tear your home apart because he thinks he saw a drug dealer climb in the window. The govt will take the cash out of your pocket if it thinks you have "too much". The FBI has removed from public libraries all books that give advice on how to get your property back when the govt illegally seives it. In fact, govt agencies rely on illegal forfeitures now for their funding problems. The BATF slaughters a couple of dozen children and gets away scot free. Pres Bush wants to force you and everyone else to see a shrink and then if the shrink determines it you can be forced to take drugs and get electroshocked... Kerry also supports this plan. Our health care system is completely dominated by drug companies who have gotten themselves exempted fom most criminal liabilities for the many drugs they distribute while they withhold the truth of the side effects.

Oh no. We are no where near fascism. Oh no. And of course you are right, to protect ourselves we need to "temporarily" suspend all our rights so we can fight "Islamicism" or whatever hobgoblin the govt has invented this week.