Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Paranoid News Clips (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/)
-   -   Helmets are law again in Louisiana (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/2497-helmets-law-again-louisiana.html)

captainwhoopass 08-25-2004 12:40 PM

Re: Screw 'em!

You're missing my point. I question the fact that he actually is a rider, and not just posing for a photo, because every single example I've ever seen of the bike he's shown riding is customized in some way, most of them pretty extensively. That's part of the reason people buy Harleys over the Japanese stuff- it's easier to do that sort of thing. And it's not like he's short of cash or anything and can't afford accessories. It looks to me like his publicist bought a stock Harley and told him to ride it for a photo.

By the way, any motorcycle rider criticizing Bush for falling off a Segway while learning how to ride it should know better. Unless they were born knowing how to ride a motorcycle and have never fallen off of one, they should shut their mouths.

mscuddy 08-25-2004 12:41 PM

Re: Oh balls!

WTF, I made it all up.

These are, in reality, worm farm accident statistics.

captainwhoopass 08-25-2004 12:45 PM

An E-glide is one thing- you could ride one of those quite a bit without customizing them. However, the picture I saw was of a Dyna or Softail, which I've never seen without a bunch of accessories on them.

dylanmo 08-25-2004 01:08 PM

Re: Helmets are law again in Louisiana

So I sat here, chewing on some sunflower seeds, reading this chump's posts and I began to wonder. I mean...is it really possible for someone to have such low self-esteem that it draws this kind of a vacuum? And is so stupid and self-contradictory? Is it lunacy? Or even worse? But then, suddenly -- my wonder turned to sadness. And I began to cry a little. KPaul is perhaps one of the saddest things ever. In fac is hard too type right now teh tearrs are bulrring my visoin. KPaul gett better you so brave for not comitng suicide!

sarnali 08-25-2004 01:13 PM

From what I read somewhere Kerry has always ridden BMW and Ducati in the past, He probably did buy the Harley to get some flag time but the fact is he's a motorcyclist and a vet. As opposed to a momma's boy ANG deferrment "pilot" who didn't bother to show up and his draft-dodger cronies.

For what it's worth Kerry showed up. It might have been political and he may be a grand-stander but the fact is he had enough balls to show up.

SeanAlexander 08-25-2004 01:27 PM

Re: Snow White

If you say so.....

SeanAlexander 08-25-2004 01:27 PM

Better than what? Better than the way you police yourself?

dylanmo 08-25-2004 01:28 PM

Who cares where anyone went to school?

Only idiots and pussies say things like that.

sarnali 08-25-2004 01:34 PM

Not good.

I only got 6k out of the rear in the winter. I can see crummy milage if I lived in So. Texas or somewhere else really hot, but these miles were basicaly water-cooled 45 degrees @ 42psi and I got the worst milage ever. The front is about gone now at around 10k, usual Dunlop cupping and all.

I have about 4k on a rear Avon Azzaro ST46 right now with no appreciable wear through an average 90 degree summer, so I'll be replacing the front with the Azzaro when I get some money.

I orderd a Corbin Canyon Dual seat too, but it hasn't showed up yet. The stock seat was a plank after a hundred miles, my custom made seat is a plank with some foam on it and stretched my range to around 300 miles. I used to put 500 mile days on my K100RS w/ Corbin seat with no trouble so this change should work out.

I'm pretty pumped with the Avons, but I wouldn't recommend the Dunlops unless they're almost free.

SeanAlexander 08-25-2004 01:36 PM

Re: It doesn't matter if it's dangerous or not!

Don't get JB started on the benefits of Paxil......