Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 08-25-2004, 12:56 PM   #161
eekadog
Founding Member

Default Re: Screw 'em!

refer to my last statement.j/k
eekadog is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-25-2004, 01:00 PM   #162
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Statistics Show....

The only statistical claim that I am making is....

A message board with 10,000 members can have its mean IQ lowered by 84%, with the simple addition of one KPaul.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:02 PM   #163
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Helmets are law again in Louisiana

I-80 is the likely route for the SoCal crowd, which is rather heavy on the softtails (pun intended).

By the way, dude. How have those D220s worked out for you? I replaced my last set of D205s with new D205s. They've worked so well on my bike, wet or dry, and still get 10K out of the rear tire, that I've been loathe to make a change. Are the 220s any better?
Old 08-25-2004, 01:05 PM   #164
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Screw 'em!

Whatever. I'm not going to vote for someone just 'cause he kisses babies, poses on Harleys (or not), went to Nam (or not) or any other irrelevant measure.

Look at what a politician has done in the past and you already know what he will do in the future. All else is BS.

Old 08-25-2004, 01:06 PM   #165
dsouthard
Registered Member

Default Re: It doesn't matter if it's dangerous or not!

<blockquote>
The point was the govt hasn't seen fit to tie up the internet with 100 bullshyt laws. It grew beyond them too quickly to regulate effectively. If and when they get around to regulation, this will start to suck like everything else they "fix".
</blockquote>
You should have taken my suggestion and just pretended it was never said... Better to remain silent and be assumed a fool that to speak up and remove all doubt.

Actually, yes, there have been well over US 100 state and federal laws aimed at Internet. And yes, most of them do suck.
[There are entire sites, eg Lessig's, that are devoted mostly to discussing cyberlaw issues and problems.] For a little preview on how bad things will get, follow the recent Yahoo vs France case and extrapolate from there.

I'll grant you that most of the laws might not suck for you, so I can see (and agree with) your point above, but you're factually incorrect. The government has been involved with, and to varying degrees regulated, the Internet since it's inception.

Then again, I'm a throwback. I was using the Internet as a researcher long before the hypertext transfer protocol (aka "the web") was around. Some days I wouldn't mind going back to the pre-web internet....
dsouthard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 01:06 PM   #166
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: There you go again

I'm not your friend and I have the guts to tell you you're a F'n Idiot.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:14 PM   #169
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: No Problem

Yeah, but you eventually grab your walker, head out the door, climb on your scoot and suddenly all is right with the world.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:16 PM   #170
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Oh balls!

Here we are having a perfectly capital old time slamming each other with unsubstantiated opinions and you have to go and interject some reality into the discussion.

What a killjoy.