Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 08-25-2004, 10:28 AM   #131
dylanmo
Founding Member

Default Re: Helmets are law again in Louisiana

I'll listen to Canadians more when they listen to Triumph the Insult Comic Dog a little more.

And what in Jeebus's name would you know about listening when someone is telling you that you are being stupid?
dylanmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-25-2004, 10:31 AM   #132
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

What makes you say that I (racer boy) need to take a statistics class? Have you seen me comment on ANY statistics anywhere? Where are you getting your vibe about my statical analysis skills?
Old 08-25-2004, 10:33 AM   #133
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Seatbelts

Prove what? that you are an idiot? Or that you are once again flying off half ****ed thinking that the person you are questioning stated something that they clearly DIDN'T ?
Old 08-25-2004, 10:34 AM   #134
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Right

Where WHERE did I ever state ANYTHING about Statistics?
Old 08-25-2004, 10:35 AM   #135
sarnali
Founding Member

obviously you've never ridden in a car I was driving LOL

Statisticaly flying is safest but you won't catch me in a airplane. If I'm going to buy it I'd rather not end up as part of a pile of human mush from a 500 mph impact, thank you

Unless it's pouring down rain in heavy traffic or icy I feel as safe on my bike as driving because I'm alot more attuned to my surroundings and attentive. When I'm driving it's easy to space out and just go through the motions like everyone else.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 10:35 AM   #136
mile_eater
Founding Member

Default Re: It doesn't matter if it's dangerous or not!

"You'd probably find it more the case that approval costs around the world are lower than here because others let the FDA do the hard work and quickly accept, without any meaningful oversight of their own, what the FDA approves."

I'll be the last to argue supply and demand. My point is that prices are artificially raised beyond what demand calls for, by taxation. Taxation in this case, in the form of unnecessarily stingent FDA guidlines.

Consider that there is no way the FDA would approve aspirin where it to be discovered today. That's a fact. Aspirin does not meet the FDA guidelines.

Old 08-25-2004, 10:36 AM   #137
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: Right

Lies, Damned Lies & Sta.................

(KP the words above are my first comments on statistics.)
Old 08-25-2004, 10:41 AM   #138
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: No Problem

You're entitaled to my opinion, just like everyone else. 'Sides, I'm not the one who threw the helmet law turd in the punchbowl.

I would outlaw smoking though, them things 'll kill ya'
Old 08-25-2004, 10:49 AM   #139
sarnali
Founding Member

Around here every other HD is a Road King w/ the req'd ton of Screamin' Beagle billet and chrome. After that probably Heretige Softtails and Fat Boys.

Maybe all the trailer ones took I-90 instead of 70
Old 08-25-2004, 10:54 AM   #140
Neal
Founding Member

Default Re: No Problem

You're right,that Damn troublemaker KPAUL started this schuysen and its made me cranky! As far as smokin killin me;whats your point......My daddy said if I didnt slow down I wouldnt live till 21.Since he swore he never made a mistake and didnt lie I figger God screwed up and Im living on borrowed time.I wake up every morning expecting to be dead....then when I get out of bed and hobble to the head in pain I curse my Daddy for leading me astray. If Id known I was gonna live this long Ida taken bettewr care of myself. Then on the other hand if Ida known how painful middle age was I woulda ridden even faster.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote