Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 07-04-2004, 06:11 PM   #21
kjam68
Registered Member

Default Re: Anti-Motorcycle Rant

As an interesting side note, I was passing a truck with a trailer and a car at the same time( alright, it's illegal) and the guy in the car pulled into the left lane to block my path. He then pulled out what looked like a badge from his seat and showed it to me. He was willing to risk killing me to stop an illegal pass. So some cops are willing to block or run you off the road. It makes sense, a $50 moving violation or manslaughter, what's the difference?
kjam68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2004, 06:13 PM   #22
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: The most impervious substance in the Universe

That damn Mazlow's heirarchy of needs taking over our lives again!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 06:14 PM   #23
tomhorn
Registered Member

Here here! I second that. And at the risk of offending about 1/2 of the population: Why do they call it PMS when a woman goes nuts once a month? Because the name "Mad Cow Disease" was already taken. Sorry, I couldn't resist.
tomhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 07:06 PM   #24
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

I wonder if "Leslie" is actually a nom de guerre for our bud Ebass who has been showing both anti-sportbike tendencies and lately signs of getting in touch with his feminine side.

Wassup EB? You're messing with us, right?

Is yore name Leslie Horwinkle..........?

cheers

sbp

sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 08:06 PM   #25
fastoldman
Founding Member

Default Re: misogynist crap, MOrons

Of course she's a freaking idiot, but you all should be embarassed with the misogynist crap yer puking on my lawn. Just because a cager who's pissed at the real morons on motorbikes is a woman is no reason to act like an asshat. Jackpipes on bikes will always be jackpipes. The real question - Why the frick does this drivel continue to be printed in this country? Answer - the conservative side of the USA just loves to be scared, to hate that which scares them. It sells, and it's why we're going to hell. It's still no reason to be an asshat.
fastoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 08:57 PM   #26
antrim44
Founding Member

I didn't read the article by the ranter. It would have made a boring night on the net even worse. I just want to thank the ones who read the article and left their comments. At least my boring night on the net had a few chuckles.

A44
antrim44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 09:14 PM   #27
aknopak
Founding Member

A Belgian mag did a test with a VFR800 (ABS), a Fireblade, an R1100s (ABS) and something like a Nissan Primera (ie. an average car, with ABS, which is standard nowadays). Surprisingly, the primera outbraked all of the bikes every time, under all conditions, on all surfaces. As a sidenote, even more surprising was the fact that the braking distances were shorter on wet tarmac than on dry concrete roads, tsss.

The explanation was that cars have much bigger contact patches, so even though a bike may be a fraction of the weight of the car, its contact patch is much smaller as well.

I see your point on the heavy SUV's, but motorcyclists aren't exactly renown for their braking skills... Actually it is an area where most of us fail horribly, often with a fatal outcome (in accidents motorcyclists either fail to brake at all, or they block the tire and dump the bike).

Unfortunately, the fact that modern cars are actually pretty damn good on the brakes has led to drivers keeping less distance, and getting involved in just as many accidents as cars with crappy old brakes... So in the end nothing is gained.
aknopak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 09:19 PM   #28
GrahamB
Founding Member

Maybe you should, rather than accept the knee jerk response of others. All she said was that

a) There are idiots riding sports bikes;

b) Try not to kill them, even though they're idiots.

At no point did she say all sports bike riders are idiots. She didn't suggest the law crack down on bike riders. If anything, the article was pro-bike.
GrahamB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 09:32 PM   #29
ECCORE
Founding Member

At least "incentivized" is in the dictionary. "Definitionally" ain't even a word. *****in' vocabulary.
ECCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 10:05 PM   #30
dylanmo
Founding Member

Default Re: misogynist crap, MOrons

<blockquote>The real question - Why the frick does this drivel continue to be printed in this country? Answer - the conservative side of the USA just loves to be scared, to hate that which scares them. It sells, and it's why we're going to hell. </blockquote>

Yes, it's just like conservatives to write op-eds n the Chicago S-T and books named Mrs. B's Classroom: Courage, Hope and Learning on the South Side of Chicago. Sounds just like a female Cal Thomas to me.

Just because you don't like conservatives, it doesn't mean that that which you don't like is conservative. I went ahead and typed that real slow just for you.
dylanmo is offline   Reply With Quote