Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 07-06-2004, 06:50 PM   #91
tomhorn
Registered Member

Default Re: In Seattle on I-405 and I-5 CALL ME SEXIST PLEASE

That's not it. The dude just wants to get home before someone sees him DRIVING A MINI-VAN.
tomhorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-06-2004, 06:52 PM   #92
tomhorn
Registered Member

Default Re: In Seattle on I-405 and I-5 CALL ME SEXIST PLEASE

I'll second that. And have you noticed that the beeyatch quotient goes up with the msrp of the sport-ute?
tomhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 09:52 PM   #93
torrnado
Founding Member

Default Re: Anti-Motorcycle Rant

how ironic that many of us have actually taken motorcycle safety courses to learn how to be safer riders and, through trial and error, become accutely aware in detecting when an idiot in a cage is going to pull out in front of us or move into our lane of traffic, but this beyatch and her ridiculous, poorly-conceived rant is given an article to generalize and pigeon-hole all motorcyclists. i don't encourage ridiculous and stupid behavior, but, as someone already pointed out, this america, dammit! we have the right to be stupid! not only that, but there is a darwinian effect going on here.
torrnado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 03:03 AM   #94
P-Ratt
Premium Member

Default Multi-passing

Where is this illegal? I regularly pass several if time and space provide.
FZ1
P-Ratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 03:33 AM   #95
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: Whining about it being

It's Great that you decide to wear "a full leather suit in FL heat and humidity", however isn't it ok that others decide not to? It is common to see Riders (People) in Florida wearing Shorts, T-Shirts and Tennis shoes, imagine that! Perhaps, in the interest of Safety, you should go to Florida and make the riders wear "a full leather suit in FL heat and humidity" or force them to sell their Bikes because they have failed to meet your standards for their safety.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 04:38 AM   #96
Andonyx
Registered Member

You don't happen to have a link do you?
Old 07-07-2004, 04:46 AM   #97
Haird
Founding Member

OK, so what are the facts? I think we can all agree that many car and truck drivers find lane-splitting, at least as decribed here (motorcycle roars past at high speed inches away) annoying and frightening, and perceive it as dangerous. Is it actually dangerous? If so, under what conditions? 20 mph over the speed of traffic? 10 mph? 5 mph? Does speed matter at all? If we're going to make any headway in this debate we're going to have to address the fear factor and displace it with facts. However, I'm not sure you're ever going to do away with people being startled when a straight-pipe bike blasts by a foot from their ear going 20 or 30 mph faster than traffic. As long as it keeps happening I think we can count on people complaining about it.
Haird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 05:15 AM   #98
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

To add to that, there is a law in California regarding how much faster than traffic lane-splitters are allowed to go- it's somewhere around 15mph. If you're going much faster than that you're placing your life into the other guy's hands.

I know that when I drive my car and someone splits past me doing 40mph faster than traffic it often startles the bejeesus out of me. I can see how others could get bent out of shape about that.
Old 07-07-2004, 06:05 AM   #99
Monster900
Founding Member

First of all she is no better than the bikers, the speed limit on Chicago expressways is 55 so at 70 sweetie you are speeding.

I live in Chicago and sometimes see the flip flop, no helmet kid on his/her 600 racing on the expressways BUT I see more of are idiots in cars doing 100+ mph. Just the other day I almost was side swiped by a guy in a ****box Maxima. I decided to see how fast the prick was going, I stayed even with him just long enough to look at my speedometer, it showed 107. I dropped back to a reasonable speed.

I am sure for every person on a bike that is speeding there are 100 cars/trucks/SUVs. Who is getting 39 mpg ? Not mommy dearest in her SUV.
Monster900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 06:44 AM   #100
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: Outwitting Squidly Nitwits?

I thought it was pretty well written.

Like on the ride to work this morning, down the insanely packed I-5. Some kid, wearing a tank top and shorts, passed me at about 100 mph. He was weaving out of the lanes lake a real, (ahem) nitwit.

Since I ride an old POS, I'm always a target for this new breed of kiddie racer on a Gixxer, with something to prove. When I was their age, I think I was on a Jawa 90.

Darwinism for sure.