Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 06-15-2004, 11:25 AM   #51
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default Re: Do I need a Laser/Radar detector?

True, true, I've had my share of "magic disappearing chrome" on many vehicles, it was probably one of those patents that the upper management said no one wanted so it went to public domain. You know, like the mouse, spreedsheets, VHS tapes etc.

The English where great at applying this technologies to disapearing bodywork also. Had an MG midget disentigrate during a snow bound winter.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-15-2004, 11:27 AM   #52
nokneedragin
Founding Member

MR ALLCAPS has not chimed in on this. I would bet he has the most experience with the police and radar/speed traps
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 12:41 PM   #55
pplassm
Founding Member

The real word from THE MAN! Same thing my brother the Statie says.
Old 06-15-2004, 12:45 PM   #56
pplassm
Founding Member

Ha! I live in VA, too. The speed traps are pretty obvious here, as the cops think that oulawing detectors makes them invisible!
Old 06-15-2004, 12:46 PM   #57
ewok1
Founding Member

Default i flunked typing in high school

it's no joke. pretty much had to give up my dream of becoming a reporter for the daily planet. then came cell phones. that all but eliminated phone booths so i had abandon my hoped for superhero career altogether.

luckily by the time i had to get a job, i could use a dictaphone.

then came computers. when email became so important for document transmission i had to sort of learn to type, but i suck. i know it and i will try to change if it really irritates anyone.

that reminds me of the red green man's prayer. "i'm a man. i can change. if i have to. i guess." .

in the meantime i will obey the law, pledge allegiance to the internal combustion engine and practice safe politics.
ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 02:28 PM   #60
SuperBill
Founding Member

Interesting the responses youÂ’ve gotten. Helpful, humorous, and genial. Not a single rant about politics or link to an unrelated web site. Seems that with one exception, weÂ’ve got a pretty good bunch of riders in this forum. How pleasant this is.

No doubt you were heavily involved in one of you many important activities on September 23 of last year and missed that earlier thread on this topic. You can pick it up here: http://news.motorcycle.com/article.m...sid=2406#63884

And please save this entire thread so you can go back and re-read it when you feel the urge to condemn some other rider that doesnÂ’t share your exact point of view.

SuperBill is offline   Reply With Quote