Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 06-15-2004, 05:47 PM   #51
gpzer
Founding Member

Default Re: Do I need a Laser/Radar detector?

Velcro to my tank bag and use the earphone ,batteries last a good two weeks of daily riding. able to remove the unit off the bike easily for security. Very happy overall
gpzer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-15-2004, 06:22 PM   #52
chucker6
Founding Member

I use the Bel also, and it has saved me multiple times. But, you do not have to have the sensor sticking out of your pocket. I use cordura riding jackets and always have it zipped up inside a pocket and it still works fine, just make sure the opening is pointed forward!
chucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 07:01 PM   #53
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: My wife suggested that i.e. get a man's bike

And he'd have to get a bike of course. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 07:04 PM   #54
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default That's ok I flunked typing too.

Use the force ewok. The shift key is not kryptonite. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 11:49 AM   #55
Mr_John
Founding Member

Thanks for the tip, I've been reluctant to to try that but will test it out, don't know how much if any sensitivity is lost. I think I can get the direction of the sensor correct. Have you found a way to keep the unit from shutting down after an hour without signal input?
Mr_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 03:35 PM   #56
BruceF
Founding Member

not "wernt" , it's "wasent"
BruceF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 06:29 AM   #57
sv1000rider
Founding Member

I will attest to the previous poster's success with the Bel being zipped up completely in the pocket with the radar reflector pointed outwards. This works very well for me toowith my cordura AND leather jackets, at least for the Ka band. I too wish there was a defeat button on the detector so it wouldn't automatically shut off after an hour. But I have found that if I simply switch the highway setting to city and then back to highway, it resets the detector. I have become pretty proficient at hitting that button while the radar detector is tucked away inside my jacket's pockets. It would be nice if radar detectors utilized blue tooth technology and enabled completely wireless radar detectors. That would solve a lot of problems regarding mounting the detector in a convenient place. Just my 2 cents.
sv1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote