Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 06-15-2004, 07:35 AM   #31
naco_traficante
Registered Member

Default Re: Do I need a Laser/Radar detector?

I think "Kop Killer" painted across the windscreen will be enough.

naco_traficante is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-15-2004, 07:57 AM   #32
ewok1
Founding Member

Default i don't know what to do either, but

this is what i do. i ride however i feel like riding until i get my first ticket of the year in a state other than idaho. idaho sends letters if you get more than 8 points in 3 years. so i get a letter at the end of every 3rd year. not bad and if i wanted to i could watch a gory film and get 3 points knocked off avoid the customary warning letter.

in idaho i forfeit bond and pay a little extra to keep from getting points.

inevitably i get a ticket in washington because my wife rides too fast.

then i go the speed limit. i try to get my speed jones out of the way on the track.

the only bad part is that i can't really justify paying full coverage on our sport bikes because i pay about 20% of their value in premiums every year and that makes no sense to me.

i am too high strung, i guess, to put up with the beeping from a radar detector. the last thing i need while i am enjoying myself, not thinking about work, is to be buzzed by the motorcycle equivalent of a cattle prod.

washington does have some pretty standard dodges, which i tried in davenport last year, only to have the judge laugh out loud at us both.

so, while i won't be prudish and say, slow down, last year i made it until september before we got nabbed in the middle of nowhere, washington. eventually you will have to slow down on the street. and it's probably a good idea.

take your ninja to the nesba track day on the 24th at pacific. get it out of your system. they are a fantastic organization. another new track day group affiliated somewhat with wmrra is also doing track days. they are 2-fast. and finally adrenaline freaks hosts a day almost every friday before wmrra weekends. maybe i'll see ya there. i ride a couple of ducs, no. 944. one at a time of course, and pretty slow too.
ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 08:01 AM   #33
nokneedragin
Founding Member

But if he goes the HD way, won't the EPA be hitting him up for illeagal dumping fines? I mean with all the parts falling off, and everything
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 08:08 AM   #34
nokneedragin
Founding Member

He could also send the cop to some very informative political web sites.... wait you can't HTML in a conversation. Maybe he could hand the cop some fliers.

Seriously, drive heads up, never be the rabbit (ie first speeder over a hill), watch the traffic ahead, learn all the local speed traps etc, etc...

Radar/laser detectors mainly help on highways and in rural areas. Get one, try it out a see if it works for you, if not sell it on Ebay.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 08:28 AM   #35
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Only the oil is toxic. The chrome parts are now bio-degradeable so they evaporate before you can pick them up. You just have to buy more that way.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 08:34 AM   #36
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Cops for Dummies

You could also tell him, (Insert relative here) was a cop and this is how he did his job!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 08:40 AM   #37
pdad13
Founding Member

This could be the funniest thing I've ever seen here. And I've seen a lot of funny stuff here.

Really.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 09:18 AM   #38
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: i don't know what to do either, but

ewok if you're going to be the antithesis of MR. ALLCAPS you will have to learn to obey all traffic laws and ride safely from now on. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 09:26 AM   #39
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

You forgot to tell him to wear his "F&CK COPS" t-shirt.
Old 06-15-2004, 09:26 AM   #40
johnnyb
Founding Member

Really your first one KP? How old are you? Say, are you also a wirgin?
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote