Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 06-04-2004, 03:39 AM   #1
naco_traficante
Registered Member

Default Re: In Case You Missed It

The story I want to hear about is how Honda got p****d off years ago. I think the evidence has been lost like Dubya's traffic stops.

naco_traficante is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2004, 03:55 AM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

Great. Now that we've once again proved that it is utterly stupid to drink and drive let's move onto other mind/judgement altering substances that are used in even greater quantities because they are considered "okay".

How about antidepressants, which are closely tied to violent and suicidal behavior? How about various painkillers that large numbers of people take? When these people cause accidents no one is any the wiser. Perhaps a policy of drug testing everyone who is involved in any accident would garner hitherto ignored data? I'd bet the results would be startling. Dang that US Constitution. Another fascist idea down the tubes. Oh well.

Sad to say, there are many people who are more dangerous stone sober driving around than JB is with 2 beers in him. You should see the local mormon octagenarians when they attempt to drive to church.
Old 06-04-2004, 04:03 AM   #3
SRMark
Founding Member

A great reminder. This article should run at the beginning of each riding season. To me, the most striking point of the article was the depression phase, when you begin to return to sober. I can't tell you the number of folks I've met who have a couple drinks, wait for the clock to say they're sober and then take off. Just doesn't work that way with alcohol. Drink when you're butt is where it will stay until morning or have someone else take you home.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 04:09 AM   #4
SRMark
Founding Member

Those issues are why I say to my friends as they are departing my company "good luck going home" rather than "be careful going home".
Old 06-04-2004, 04:09 AM   #5
Anti-ChickenStrip
Founding Member

Loved the crash photo. A picture is indeed worth 1000 slurs.

Anyone else remember reading Johhny B's assertion that he rides BETTER after a few? Can't remember if it was in the BLM column or here...but I remember it. Obviously it was controversial....as intended, I suspect.

I swear...I crash much more often sober!

Anti-ChickenStrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 04:10 AM   #6
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I think a cell phone on the ear is easily worth 6 drinks. Maybe more. Won't even mention the people I see shaving, reading the newspaper, putting on makeup, or turned round yelling at the kids on my way to work. Old people are worth 12 drinks.
Old 06-04-2004, 04:22 AM   #7
SRMark
Founding Member

I used to work out of three offices and routinely traveled up and down the interstate at lunch & suppertime. Many were the times that I stopped at Mickey Ds, got a value meal and got back on the road. Driving while eating is a big killer. I never wrecked but, then again, I'd rather be lucky than good. Then the cell phone would go off, a bird would hit the windshield, a truck tire would pop, a deer would bolt. There is just too much else to watch out for without adding distractions yourself.
Old 06-04-2004, 04:40 AM   #8
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Watch it there, the last part of your post almost sounds like you want people to actually be skilled and responsible in the operation of a vehicle. This is the US of A boy, everyone has the freedom to be lousy at piloting a 3 ton death machine, and the right to sue everyone else when they screw up.

Good point on the prescription drug. I know one too many people who take prescribed narcotics, and other mind altering substances, and feel fine jumping behind the wheel of a car.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 05:04 AM   #9
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I was a road warrior for many years and ate at the "Dashboard diner" on many occasions. I don't ever remember crashing though. It could have been all those prescription narcotics I was taking though.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 06:16 AM   #10
ebass
Founding Member

I am utterly shocked! I had no idea JB would ever do something that ran so contrary to what I interpreted to be his most closely held values, and which could have been so detrimental to his image and career! Appearing in a cruiser mag!!!!

What's next? Sean popping up in Easy Rider?!!!

The apocalypse is surely at hand!
ebass is offline   Reply With Quote