Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 06-04-2004, 05:28 AM   #11
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: In Case You Missed It

Sean would only agree to be in Easyrider if he could appear scantily clad and draped over a chopper. It's all or nothing for him.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2004, 05:37 AM   #12
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

seruzawa -- you are beginning to convince me that you are a genuine sage.

I could not agree more. I'd much rather take my chances with most of my friends with a couple of beers as the vast majority of cell-phone wielding, mirror looking dingbats I see in traffic these days. Or the last three ADHD tenants I had, or the legions of drivers completely stoked to nirvana on perfectly legal pharmaceuticals.

Of course the best thing would be if everyone took pride in their driving skills, hit the road with a minimum of chemical help, and always focused on the task at hand, but now I guess I'm just being plumb silly.

sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 05:39 AM   #13
EbonFlame
Founding Member

Default Window knocking and sleep woes

How many of us have had to physically KNOCK ON THE WINDOWS of some of those giant-sunglasses-equipped, leaned-forward-into-the-dash elderlies to warn them about changing lanes into us?

(well, all right, maybe not HAD to, maybe we could have braked, but it sure scares the daylights out of them)

And then there's highway hypnotism and sleepiness. I'll admit to having a few tough bouts with sleep in cage days.

That's the thing I love about motorcycles: (at least sportbikes, is it the same for big, comfortable cruisers, guys?) you're forced to pay attention to everything around you, all the time. It's a rush, in part, but also an odd reminder when you're in a cage and you realize just how much of a zombie you can be and still drive those things.

I remember that 4am shift I used to work when I bought my bike. The 12-mile ride to work turned from an plodding death march to quite the adrenaline-stirring wake-up call. It rocked.

Plus great parking.
EbonFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 05:53 AM   #14
Buzglyd
Founding Member

The way Sean's been woofing down Carne Asada burritos of late, you don't want to see him scantily clad.

He's a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 06:15 AM   #15
baddog
Founding Member

It was a good article, and valuable information -- FIVE YEARS AGO. Re-telling of valuable lessons from the past is a valid and worthwhile task, but how about posting something new? "How to change your oil"? Have I missed something, or is that the limit of hands-on articles in, what three years? I sure am impressed.
baddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 06:18 AM   #16
seruzawa
The Toad

Wave a two dollar bill in front of his eyes and you'd be more than amazed at the behaviors you could command.
Old 06-04-2004, 06:30 AM   #17
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Apparently you missed Sport bike pilot's well written how to on mounting you own tires. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 06:39 AM   #18
johnnyb
Founding Member

you have to check with Honda or Boehm; nobody really ever gave me the details. Some say it was that minime and me showed up for 929rr track day reeking of alcohol, which is possible cause we did drink some good Scotch the nite before and didn't bother to shower in the a.m. Others say it was dinner that nite, that we drank 2 much wine and were boisterous and obstreperous and annoying. As if we need wine for that... really it was a simple case of boehm wanting to get rid of me and honda giving him a crow bar. everybody is happier now.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 06:47 AM   #19
dnakase
Founding Member

"...battle against the bottle." I thought JB had a comfortable detant with the bottle?? Oh, this was earlier in his career.
dnakase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 06:48 AM   #20
johnnyb
Founding Member

thanks for bringing this up longride you bastard. Talk about your bad science. I only kept drinking after I was buzzed cause it was supposed to be Science and just to make it a fun story I suppose. In actual life, I haven't drunk myself to the projectile vomitage point since I was about 18. I should've just quit at about .13 or whatever and practiced the track and let JE explain the results... and the "crash" shot of me "overbraking" is just after coming down from a stoppie at .24 or whatever after having not such a bad run and falling over from laughing.

All worth it, though, to watch the neighbors as Kevin Smith crawled around sick in my front yard in full leathers...

Naturally I don't condone drunk driving but I also don't think people automatically plunge off the nearest cliff as soon as they pass 0.8, especially those of us who aren't having our first beer.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote