Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 04-16-2004, 10:12 AM   #41
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Are you sure you're a lawyer?

Whats this advocating taking responsibility for your actions crap?

If I get caught riding like an *******, It's the manufacturer's and dealers fault for selling me the bike, And the states fault for not better training me to drive or ride safely
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-16-2004, 10:16 AM   #42
cyclox
Founding Member

Default Re: Relax

The stats on gun ownership in Canada are interesting. In the atlantic provinces, seems like up to 36% of the households own at least one gun. Nationwide, it's around 22%. Compare this to something like 45% in the US.

cyclox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 10:20 AM   #43
cyclox
Founding Member

Default Re: Are Motorcycles Next?

oh please. this always seems to come up.

personally, I'll be waiting for the rapture so that the traffic here in smell-A clears up a bit. that's presuming that there's a significant proportion of the LA population is rapture-able.

cyclox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 10:49 AM   #44
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Yo homie!

And here's da dude. Word!
Old 04-16-2004, 10:51 AM   #45
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

"Nor should the data, if it exists, be collected without a warrant." Spoken like a true attorney. Perhaps you've been to busy "litigating felonies" to have noticed that the Fourth Amendment is slowly fading into nonexistance due to other brilliant government boondoggles such as the war on some drugs, and the patriot act. The very fact that you assume our farce of a legal system is a bulwark against further government encroachment into our daily lives tells me that you are incapable of giving a cogent opinion on this subject. VWW

BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 10:54 AM   #46
SparkyBlue
Founding Member

lol..Chill dude; I wasn't preaching, merely making an observation of what someone else already said...a long time ago. Have a cold one on me when you escape the traffic.
SparkyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 10:57 AM   #47
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Yo homie!

An amusing juxtaposition seruzawa. Who is more clueless Rummy or Keanu??? VWW
Old 04-16-2004, 11:08 AM   #48
Tigercub
Founding Member

It's not nailing a guilty person that I care about. It's misuse of the technology for what it was intended. The current system allows for a margin of error in interpreting a potential violation of the law. Collecting data from your vehicle and using it to prove your guilt is like imposing zero-tolerance laws.

Innocent people will be punished. If I'm involved in an accident in which someone is killed and data from my vehicle says I was going 70mph in a 65 zone that would automatically cast suspicion on me as a potential cause of the accident whether that had anything to do with the death of the other driver or not.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 11:45 AM   #50
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Are you sure you're a lawyer?

Not to worry sarnali. If you get caught "riding like an *******" I'm sure that for the right amount of money the legal genius that you were responding to will be glad to help you sue the manufacturers et al. VWW