Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 04-19-2004, 03:47 AM   #121
redlmtt
Founding Member

Default Re: Are Motorcycles Next?

Ride old bikes. New bikes s!ck.
redlmtt is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-19-2004, 04:04 AM   #122
dnlwthrn
Founding Member

EXACTLY! and the data isn't always reliable! The GM version outputs 4-5 sec. precrash data, usually velocity and rpm, as well as whether the brakes were applied (lights were on) and when the airbag went.

Its a pretty nice feature for cars, but I don't see it going on bikes until they put AIRBAGS on bikes!

dnlwthrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 05:31 AM   #123
Haird
Founding Member

Default Re: 666: Apartment Complex of the Beast

Yeah, really hot.
Haird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 05:34 AM   #124
Haird
Founding Member

Already is. All baptized, of course.
Old 04-19-2004, 05:46 AM   #125
Haird
Founding Member

This stuff isn't totally new. At least as far back as the 70s some commercial trucks carried graphing machines that would record their speed and time. When I worked for UPS in the late 70s the semi drivers had to file these charts at the end of every run along with their paperwork. The management told us that the state police could use those graphs to hand out tickets, but they never did that I am aware of. I have also heard of police handing out tickets based on time-stamped toll tickets in some states if you get to the last stop too quick, but again I have never actually spoken to anyone who has received one. Cops are using roadside cameras to catch red light violators and toll scofflaws in Chicago. There is at least one car rental company that will fine you when you return the car if you speed using their rental cars. I believe they use GPS for this, but I'm not certain. They got a lot of pretty bad press about it when it broke a couple of years ago. In any case, the trend is well underway.
Old 04-19-2004, 06:36 AM   #126
gforces
Founding Member

Default Re: I'm sure the day will come

no problem for me--my hawk gt tops out at 120 mph, and 100 was scary enough (not that I've ever done 100
gforces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 07:01 AM   #127
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Illogical extreme.

Yeah, but is an avalanche of propaganda links actually an argument? An implies a give and take of opposing views not an attemot to overwhelm with insults and distortions.

Then it's just contradiction, not an argument.
Old 04-19-2004, 07:48 AM   #128
Haird
Founding Member

Ah, yes. The war on drugs. And now the never-ending war on terrorism. It's 1984 alright. At least I think it is.
Old 04-19-2004, 07:57 AM   #129
Haird
Founding Member

There is a long commentary/story on Janklow in this month's Motorcycle Consumer News. Apparently, in addition to many, many, reckless driving and speeding infractions, the guy was convicted of sexual assault at age 17 and again accused of it later, only to have the complaining witness found dead after being run over by a car, apparently following a severe, possibly fatal, beating. He's appealing his manslaughter conviction, of course. It's the responsible thing to do.
Old 04-19-2004, 09:40 AM   #130
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Illogical extreme.

Oh Yeah! You simpleton look here, here, here, and here. So there. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote